#1 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

The new SixtyGig is up and running and ready to be played on!

A few things about the server:

1.) We will have two "main maps". The first map will be where you spawn in. This map has the same rules as "old SixtyGig" where we need to keep things nice, tidy and aesthetically pleasant. This is where folks who loves to build should be building. This will ideally never be reset. The second map is The Wilds. This will be the same as "old SixtyGig wilds" but will be reset every 3-6 months. This will depend on how much use it gets and, frankly, how often it needs to be reset. Since this is new, I will look at resetting it in 3 months but this could change. This is where people who enjoy the survival aspect of the game can play and build. The aesthetic rules are a lot more lax, but please don't be intentionally obnoxious. No 1x1 dirt towers, no intentionally obstructing other player's builds, etc.

2.) Temporary portals have been set up in all four worlds (SixtyGig, SixtyGig Wilds, The Nether and The End). As the word temporary suggests, these will only be active for a short time. It is up to you guys to determine where you want the permanent portals to be. I will take these temporary portals down in 2-4 weeks, depending on when folks have fixed up the spawn area and determined where they want the permanent portals to be. Please make mock portals and mark them so that I can set them up as soon as possible.

3.) As before, we are trying to stay as close to vanilla as possible. If you notice anything wonky or not like old SixtyGig, please let me know. Just post in this thread so that we can keep everything organized and I can address everything as they pop up.

4.) I am currently working on filling out the maps using WorldBorder, so the game may or may not be laggy right now. It isn't lagging at all on my end, but I believe it depends on your computer and the server. So just be aware. :)

Staff:

1.) We are looking for a new application manager. Applications will not be open until we have a new application manager. I am open to suggestions on how to revamp the application process, but an overview of how applications were handled when I was in charge is as follows:

• I was active within the Applications subforum and talked to new applicants and got a "feel" for them.
  • I looked up applicants via Google searches, Facebook searches, and ban lists.
  • I chose 1-6 people each month who I thought would be a good fit with our community. Some months it was more, some it was less.
  • I would run the list past the Veteran's to see if anybody had disagreements.
  • Once a general consensus was met, I submitted the list to Ray via Steam Chat or PM

The application manager is going to need to be someone who feels comfortable talking to me. I know that seems like a silly thing to say but I don't think my time as application manager would have worked out as well if Ray and I weren't already friendly. The application manager is often the "right-hand man" of SixtyGig and I need somebody who can keep an eye on the forums and keep an eye on our newbies as they acclimate themselves to the community.

Donations:

I am considering opening donations again. The server itself is not terribly expensive, but it would certainly be helpful to have help offsetting the cost. Is this something you guys would be in support of or against?

I believe that covers everything. Please let me know if there are any questions, concerns, thoughts, whines, complaints, or presents! I love presents. :P

#2 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

I've also set up a SixtyGig 7.0 subforum for development projects, discussions, claims, etc.

#3 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:15 PM

Thank you so much Stacy! Really awesome work :)

As for donations I think that many would like to contribute that way, so go ahead and set something up :)

#4 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

Wooh! Excuse to play minecraft again!

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Gah, figures, I pass the server off to a girl and she makes the first major official post with pink letters for the header.

sig.png

#6 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

I should've made the whole post pink. It was the only color that stood out and didn't hurt my eyes. GET OUT OF HERE RAY! Just wait. I'm gonna get you back for all those times you banned me.

Edit: I have now made this whole post pink in protest of Ray's tyrannical overlordship.

#7 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:02 AM

LOLOL - way to go, pink!

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#8 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:07 AM

I should've made the whole post pink. It was the only color that stood out and didn't hurt my eyes. GET OUT OF HERE RAY! Just wait. I'm gonna get you back for all those times you banned me.

Edit: I have now made this whole post pink in protest of Ray's tyrannical overlordship.

You and your damn gender! Always causing problems. :/

Edit: I have now made this whole post blue and bold in protest of Stacy's femnnical femilordship.

sig.png

#9 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:33 AM

WOOH FREEDOM OF COLOR

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#10 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:42 AM

All we need now is a visit from EnglishMaster... that well known egalitarian feminist, ah the memories  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#11 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:39 AM

YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO BE A LITTLE.... POSITIVE 

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#12 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

You and your damn gender! Always causing problems. :/

Edit: I have now made this whole post blue and bold in protest of Stacy's femnnical femilordship.

This post is black, in protest of Ray's blackened soul.You monster.

#13 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:45 PM

Let me SHINE a little light on this post

<Profound statement>

#14 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts
  • LocationBorup, Sj√¶lland, Denmark, Earth, Milkyway
  • Nationality:Danish

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

I noticed that the [dynmap] signs don't show up on the live map. What do we need to write on them to see them on the live map?

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#15 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

I noticed that the [dynmap] signs don't show up on the live map. What do we need to write on them to see them on the live map?

That's something I'm in the process of figuring out. Not sure if that's an additional plugin or an option in the config but I'm working on it. :)

#16 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

https://github.com/w...i/Using-markers
It's part of dynmap! It needs to be enabled, then players with the correct permissions can place dynmap signs. ;)
There used to be something here..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users