IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US
  • Nationality:Irish-American

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hi all! Long time no play. I recently moved and our new ISP won't allow me to do anything online very reliably. We are only here for another month so it doesn't make sense to change. Anyway, about Skyblock.

I've wanted to play again since I played for a few months pre-SG. (Many moons ago...). Is anyone else interested? I'm not trying to have it be a forever thing. I just sort of want to build an island, successfully do things on said island, and move on. But it's no fun in single player when you can't cackle at the misfortune of others. ;)

I will likely lag so much I want to murder baby ducks, but it'd be a nice way to pass some time if anyone's down! (Skyblock, not baby duck murder...)

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Posted Image

#2 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

I mean, I'd be down for baby duck murder but I guess since Skyblock is the only other alternative..... How does that work exactly?

#3 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

Skyblock could be interesting! I'd want to wait until this map has had time to "settle in" though, and people to get somewhat bored ;)

I mean, I'd be down for baby duck murder but I guess since Skyblock is the only other alternative..... How does that work exactly?

Skyblock is a way of playing where you start on a floating island with dirt, a chest with ice and lava, and a tree. You are supposed to build out from that, using cobblestone generators and saplings. It's pretty fun!

There used to be something here..

#4 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

Skyblock is just a challenge. You have achievements to get and start with the very bare minimum stuff to ultimately create a somewhat thriving area. It usually only lasts like a month tops before everyone is bored and done. But that first few hours is awesome! :P

Blue, I figured you were all super busy with the new server, just throwing it out there for anyone, like myself, who may have extra free time and boredom to sate. With my current internet issues I don't want to risk joining SG again only to be kicked off every 2 seconds. I have a quirk that I hate getting involved in any online game if I know I'll be disconnected constantly. Same issue with static on the radio. Even the tiniest bit and I have to change the channel. >.< So I'm not looking for commitment right now. It's not you, it's me. ;)

Posted Image

#5 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:50 AM

I've never tried it so I'd love to give it a go at some point and probably be the one to cackle about (and with) :D

#6 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:50 AM

I've never tried it so I'd love to give it a go at some point and probably be the one to cackle about (and with) :D

I'd love to cackle at with you! 

It seems like people might enjoy playing it but everyone is understandably busy. But please let me know if at some point anyone would want to try it. It's worth doing just once. It's super fun! (But not a ton of replay value). 

I'll keep the idea open and maybe host something down the line. :D 

Posted Image

#7 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

I'm in.

I've always wanted to give skyblock a try but I've never really done it.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#8 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 585 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

I can see it now, 15 people all standing on one solitary block trying not to knock one another off! LMBO! that in itself makes me want to be there! have you thought about Agrarian Skies - modded skyblock? I've played it before, can be a bit grindy, but it is fun.

#9 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

Kan Kan! When I tried it we all had our own individual islands 100 square meters apart from the next guy. It was a sky filled with tiny islands, everyone trying to accomplish the achievements on their own, or together if they wanted. You could set islands to belong multiple people. It was a huge project once everyone was basically done. Tons of unique and awesome islands. :D 

I haven't even heard of Agrarian Skies, but I'll take a look. I know there are other versions of Skyblock, and by now there may be some far superior ones. 

Posted Image

#10 zeophlite

zeophlite
  • Pip
  • Co-Admin
  • Log

• 123 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:51 AM

I've played through Crash Landings, like Agrarian Skies, but on the surface

Grindy, but lots of fun

#11 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

My son and I started playing a variation of SkyBlock and it is pretty interesting.

<Profound statement>

#12 the_assasain

the_assasain
  • Tree Puncher

• 21 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Texas

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

Yes over the last two years I have played about 5 different sky block maps and even the original. It worked out pretty well until I felt things got to tedious when I wasn't finding anymore islands. So I did the only logical thing. I started over! I guess what I am trying to say is I would be fine with any kind of sky block. 😀

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users