Photo

Zac's unstoppable search for reading material.

Books Suggestion Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

As many of you may know, I read a lot.

And very quickly, I'm the binge eater of books. No series is too long and my record is fifteen in one week (Granted that was holidays and I didn't sleep a lot).

Thus we have my never ending issue, I have nothing to read.

So suggest books, my taste hovers on fantasy but I'll read anything if it's good.

Things I have read is hard to say, my library issue history topped two thousand last year. But I'll try.

Dresden files by Jim Butcher (Thanks Ros)

A song of ice and fire by GRRM.

Basically everything by Robin Hobb.

Eagle series by Simon Scarrow.

Paper Towns by John Green.

White Fang and The call of the Wild by Jack London.

Countless children books (I've had ten years of reading everything in sight)

Probably a lot more that hasn't come to mind yet.

So yea, FEED MY ADDICTION.
I'm a cat now, how odd.

#2 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:51 AM

If you enjoyed the Dresden files you may also like the constable Grant stories by Ben Aaronovitch "Rivers of London" being the first.

Also a first part of a series that has to be written still is "The invisible Library" by Genevieve Cogman, as the authors name suggests a somewhat steampunky novel with a nice plot and promising characters for later volumes.

I also very much enjoyed the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer. The protagonist is a boy, a young criminal mastermind, but its still very well readable for grown ups. ;)  Spoiler: The fairy culture described in those books is quiet refreshing!

And as a standalone novel so far (shame really, I'm truly hoping for a follow up) the "Shades of grey" by Jasper Fforde (no sorry, not the sado maso book). Loved it!

By the same author The Jane Eyre books! Very interesting setting and alternate world :)

Well thats it for now, I'll add more when I think of them.

Have fun!

#3 zeophlite

zeophlite
  • Pip
  • Co-Admin
  • Log

• 123 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

Have you read the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett?

#4 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

If you enjoyed the Dresden files you may also like the constable Grant stories by Ben Aaronovitch "Rivers of London" being the first.

Well if it's anything like the Dresden files I think I will.

Also a first part of a series that has to be written still is "The invisible Library" by Genevieve Cogman, as the authors name suggests a somewhat steampunky novel with a nice plot and promising characters for later volumes.

Ohhh Steampunk :)

I also very much enjoyed the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer. The protagonist is a boy, a young criminal mastermind, but its still very well readable for grown ups. ;)  Spoiler: The fairy culture described in those books is quiet refreshing!

I've read this one, it's one of my favourites

And as a standalone novel so far (shame really, I'm truly hoping for a follow up) the "Shades of grey" by Jasper Fforde (no sorry, not the sado maso book). Loved it!

By the same author The Jane Eyre books! Very interesting setting and alternate world :)

Sounds interesting, I do love odd settings.

Have you read the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett?

I've heard of them but never read them.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Books, Suggestion, Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users