6 replies to this topic

#1 WTG_Sogo

WTG_Sogo
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

In Game Name: Woops :) my in game Minecraft name is WTG_Sogo

Real Name/Preferred Name: Joshua is my real name but usually just go by Sogo online. 

Previous Minecraft experience: Are you a new player? I have been playing for 4+ years.  I own a gaming website and have actually met Notch and minecraftgirl at E3, but that was awhile ago.  I have been out of the minecraft game for over a year; just got burnt out but I am ready to go full force again.  

Your backgroundI am a middle school STEM teacher, I have a server for our school but desperatly need a mature community to build with.  I am also an artist, so my building style is technical but also beautiful (if that makes sense).  As much as I want to build I am also looking for the right community to invest my time with.  

#2 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

Hello hello!

Welcome to the forums. I'm afraid to inform you but at the moment we will not be taking in new members. We are going though a lot at the moment, new admin, new server, new map, no more bukkit :(, etc. Until we find a new app manger we won't be taking in new members.

You're quite welcome to hang around and get to know us but I can't confirm a date that we might accept you.

Edit: Whoops....Welcome to the forums enjoy your stay! Also Tea or Coffee?

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#3 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

:) Welcome! What subjects do you teach in middle school? Do you just stick to STEM stuff? I wish that when I was in middle school, my teachers were more focused on teaching young girls (like myself) how important STEM careers were. I ended up getting my BS in IT, but I've actually thought about going back for accounting. (The horror...) How do you keep yourself motivated year after year to stay a teacher? How long have you been doing it?

ALL THE QUESTIONS!!

Anyways, welcome to the forums. We did just add some folks so it might be about a month or so until we decide to add more peeps, depending on what our app manager decides. But please, hang out around the forums and get to know our folks. We're good people, mostly.

#4 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

Welcome to the forums! I'm intrigued by your mention of your art style -- do you have any examples? :)

There used to be something here..

#5 WTG_Sogo

WTG_Sogo
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

@ srm86 Thanks for the Welcome!  I teach 7-8 Stem, Lego Robotics/Programming; it's an exploratory math and science class that is new this year.  I can really work wtih and do anything I want with it.  We will also be doing some arduino and phi projects, really anything to spark their interest.  This is my 6th year teaching, I started late after some time in the military.   Yeah its not that hard to keep motivated, it's rather fun seeing a student finally get something.  

Yeah I will definally hand around.  I have a few other applications out there but I am liking the conversation here so far.  I own a gaming website, and we have a server thats been around since the dawn of time, but we mainly house kids and students from my school.   I am in no rush at all and have no problem waiting.  

@blue_dragon360 I can drege of some pics of my work some.  :)

#6 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:44 PM

Heya Sogo and welcome to our lovely forum :)

Teaching Lego robotics sounds pretty amazing, I bet the kids are loving it!

And yes pictures would be great - we are such a curious bunch ^^

Take care and see you around here!

Lik

#7 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:24 PM