• Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Nationality:American

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:15 AM

Like thisone for instance:

LOJcU8k.png

I know this exact seed you're using. I too found this seed on Google. :P I've actually used it for a Wilds map on another server that I don't play much on anymore. If you guys gave me a parameter for the area of the Wilds map I could generate a bunch in Amidst and give you the best ones. 

Smile! :)

#22 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

Thank you all for your input. We are not going to reset at this point. I would like to stick to a longer reset schedule as previously discussed. I will, later on, expand the border but - unfortunately - I cannot give you a specific date. My soon-to-be father-in-law was hospitalized a couple of weeks ago for bronchitis (he is fighting bladder cancer that has moved to his lung), he was in Houston but finally got back to Lubbock and was admitted again to a local hospital for a severe kidney infection and they found more tumors on his spine. Between that, a new elected official to serve, my brother being in town for the wedding next week and my actual wedding on Saturday - things on the server are taking a backburner.

That said, if anybody has experience with working with plugins and administrating servers, I'd be happy to take on a co-admin right now (under the right circumstances). I've just got a very full plate. I'm not intentionally neglecting the server though. :)

#23 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

Oh no! That sounds terrible :(

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say those issues are more important than this place. ;)

Although I'm a too busy to be a full co-admin, I'd be happy to help wherever I can. Not sure how I could help, though.
There used to be something here..

#24 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Nationality:Irish-German

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:10 AM

Are we making our own nether portals for wilds travel? 

If we are going to keep using the wilds, I will gladly put in some rails like I did in SG 6. 

#25 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

I have added rails in the wilds. One to 1800 North and one to 1800 West. There is a safe house with basic amenities at the end  and at the middle of each line. They can be extended as required in order to better scavenge this map. I will start rails to the South and East soon. 

Additionally, when it comes time to bug out of this wilds, all that will be necessary is to recover the power rails and any signs that were placed along the way. Iron and redstone are expendable.

#26 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

I just found out that Ros has a rail tunnel going to the far south, so I will focus on a rail to the far east.

#27 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:41 AM

I think that's less me and a lot more Torc :)

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#28 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

Ros, were you the anonymous helper?  I rail'd a tunnel south to the deserts ~2300 that was dug by MattDaddy and then headed east to the mesa with some help from a little birdy who never left their name.   There should be signage at the bridge saying the rail starts at the base of the mines stairs.  If it would be preferable to start it near Ananda's others, then anyone can feel free to run it up to ground surface (or build a grand station centrally located under the portal for all four.)

Posted Image

#29 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

Side note: as the rails to the mesa are so very far away, I tried to keep the powered rails going 1:20 instead of the normal rider-only 1:38-ish so we can actually use a couple-three storage carts (chased by the rider immediately, to keep from leaving active chunks and despawning or whatever) to carry some of the mats recovered and reduce the number of trips one needs to make.    It get squirrely at junctures/stops, but a couple tries and it's easy enough to figure out.

Posted Image

#30 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

I was indeed
Fueled by Tea and Chocolate