• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

Hey everyone.

Just a gentle reminder, that the materials in the "House for donations towards community builds", is not a free for all, but meant for building public buildings at spawn. 

Things seem to be disappearing quickly, without any buildings going up.

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#2 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

If this continues to be a problem, the house will be closed down and people who have taken materials without using them towards public builds will have all items taken revoked. Depending on severity, there may be temporary or permanent bans handed out as well.

Please understand that we will not tolerate theft on this server. If you take something from the house for donations towards community builds and it is not used towards community builds, that constitutes theft.

#3 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Nationality:American

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

I didn't even know we had a community storage building (Like Fort Knox). What do we need? I'd be happy to gather some stuff! :)

Stacy, people may be taking stuff with the intention of building community buildings. You should be a bit more distinct when you say that. Average Joe might come over and go 'OH! I'll make my wheat farm out of obsidian! That'll make it really easy to see so the whole community can use it!' (Suggestion: Tell people to get approval from a veteran or seasoned member)

Smile! :)

#4 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

I think my distinction was quite clear. Members of SixtyGig know better. We had this problem with the House of Giving a long while back and it won't be tolerated. There is a difference between taking items with the intention of using it for a public build and taking items without using them for a public build. Everybody who is on this server should know the difference between those actions and should not need it spelled out for them.

Additionally, if people do need it spelled out for them, perhaps they will need to find a new server to play on. We are not children. We all know better.

#5 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

Stuff that has gone missing is not exactly an abundance of materials that one would use to build something.  it's a host of little things, some valuable.

If people are donating and then being like oh, I need that back, then that's all gravy, baby.  But if people are just taking things, then it's a bit of an issue.

If you plan to build something, and take some materials, throw up a Dynmap sign where you'd like the build. Then you won't cause a panic when I see 7 stacks of glass missing, because there's a sign that says "Schematix's Giant Greenhouse."

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#6 zeophlite

zeophlite
  • Pip
  • Co-Admin
  • Log

• 123 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

I've been away for the week, only just saw this, sorry for the delay in responding.  I took the iron and some wood to build a bunch of hoppers for the witch farm off the North portal.  Also, the glass for the item elevator in the same build.  It's a community build, and I've built the rest of it with my own resources (which involved a lot of iron - 50 cauldrons!)

Also, I didn't realise the dynmap signs were fixed, I had put one up earlier, but it wasn't adding to the map, so I've fixed that.

Perhaps we need a better way to signal when we use stuff, maybe a book in the donations house, that we can write in when we pick up resources?

#7 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:18 AM

I've been away for the week, only just saw this, sorry for the delay in responding.  I took the iron and some wood to build a bunch of hoppers for the witch farm off the North portal.  Also, the glass for the item elevator in the same build.  It's a community build, and I've built the rest of it with my own resources (which involved a lot of iron - 50 cauldrons!)

Also, I didn't realise the dynmap signs were fixed, I had put one up earlier, but it wasn't adding to the map, so I've fixed that.

Perhaps we need a better way to signal when we use stuff, maybe a book in the donations house, that we can write in when we pick up resources?

it's all good homie.  It was just kind of... weird. Witch farms are expensive and take some weird expensive materials. We weren't assuming the worst, just wondering where some of the stuff went (the good chunk of iron blocks and the stupid amount of glass).

We're not about to start keeping tabs, it certainly hasn't come to that. But maybe, with a massive project like a witch farm, create another chest with a sign, that way people can toss it in there.

Once a trading post goes up that'll be a better place to square off donations and trades for public/community builds.

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users