Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:37 AM

I've been following the snapshots. I didn't really care too much about the new end islands, or ships, or mobs, or new block types until now...

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Elytra

I want this... Badly.

So what's the planned 1.9 rolls around? Do a similar wilds thing until we run out of islands? Do islands keep spawning the further you go out?

What I can imagine happening is a few mad rushes though multiple ends then we everyone has some just slow it back down and let the new members clean them out (Gliders can be repaired infinitely I believe so once everyone has one no more are needed).

Any thoughts.
I'm a cat now, how odd.

#2 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:35 AM

I can take or leave this, but I'm probably in the minority here.

It definitely has some great practical uses, especially for those who build tall, but I'm not overly fussed about risking my butt in The End to get one.

I'm all about new blocks, but Pur Pur, the fanciest addition, is renewable.  End stone bricks and those fancy new lighting, End Rods, aren't renewable, so that's something to take into consideration as well. (10/10 would risk my butt in The End for End Rods)

The simple solution would be to go back to how The End was originally ran on SG6, reset it monthly.  Suppose it depends on how much people value The End Grinder, too.

More thoughts?

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:13 AM

Oh god.. imagine rebuilding the end grinder monthly again.

I'm excited those rods though. I'd say rods > grinder.

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#4 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:17 AM

An interesting thing about the new end is that the islands generate REALLY far away.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but potentially the central area could be kept, while the outer ring of islands could be reset (even with a new seed).

Alternatively, we could have two ends.

Yet another option might be to set massive borders on the end: and just wait for the resources to be depleted.

One thing to consider is that at the moment, Elytra can only last ~6 repairs. After that, it becomes too expensive, and is useless. Hopefully, this is changed, but if not, they will be in higher demand than they were already.

Another point to consider is Ender Dragon griefing. In 1.9, it will be respawnable, which could be a threat to facilities on the island.

There used to be something here..

#5 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:22 PM

An interesting thing about the new end is that the islands generate REALLY far away.

I believe new portals spawn that take you to the islands. http://minecraft.gam..._gateway_portal

One thing to consider is that at the moment, Elytra can only last ~6 repairs. After that, it becomes too expensive, and is useless. Hopefully, this is changed, but if not, they will be in higher demand than they were already.

You can put on unbreaking which will extend their use, They also never break. Once they reach one durability you can't fly. 

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#6 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

I believe new portals spawn that take you to the islands. http://minecraft.gam..._gateway_portal

Yep, I've messed around some with the snapshots and that is what happens. My point is that maybe we could regenerate the islands without any effect on the mainland!

You can put on unbreaking which will extend their use, They also never break. Once they reach one durability you can't fly.

They still run out of repairs, sadly :(

#7 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:30 PM

Do we have a 1.9 release date ETA? I'm not really going to worry about anything until it's actually here. Especially since so much can change between now and then.

#8 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

Do we have a 1.9 release date ETA? I'm not really going to worry about anything until it's actually here. Especially since so much can change between now and then.

Yeah, we've got a while, no ETA yet. It's good to start thinking about potential issues early though!

#9 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:32 PM

Curouis Stacy. Will we be having future issues updating or is that a thing of the past?

*Snip*

Well plenty of things can change between they come out. I have to say though having a limited repair is a bit silly mutiplayer wise.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#10 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:27 PM

It's good to think about it but I don't want to make concrete plans. As far as future issues, we're on Spigot which seems to be steadily updated - so we shouldn't have issues in the future, but a lot of that will be wait-and-see. I make no guarantees, because sometimes Mojang likes to fuck shit up.

#11 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:25 PM

Any update on this since there is now an ETA (02/25/16)?

#12 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

Would it be worth it to just do one reset of The End once the update is live for spigot? Then leave it be? Or is this something that would need to be reset frequently?

#13 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

Not being and ends person, I do not know, but would think that with the additional islands, a reset would not be needed for quite some time.  Any idea of the ETA for when it might be live for Spigot?  Will the wilds be reset when it is?

#14 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

1.9 spigot release info

Is there anything in 1.9 worth resetting the wilds for? Is the wilds in need of a reset? I ask these questions honestly because I haven't actually logged on in ages, so that will really be your guys' call.

#15 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

After looking at the changes, I guess the only over world differences are igloos and beetroot in villages.  So resetting is prob not needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users