#21 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:07 PM

My 1 cent worth.  If it were not for the no resource gathering on the main map, I would just as soon not have a wilds.  Our main map is large enough and our active players so few, that I don't see why we can't at least mine there for resources.  No surface mining and no clearing of growth without replanting should be a given.  I don't make massive builds, so I don't get resources preparing for them.  I hate having to cart resources from the wilds to the main map, so I usually end up just building mostly in the wilds.

I don't know if we could this. Have you seen how crazy it is out there in the wilds? I've gone to incredibly far distances to get away from the areas that have been caved to oblivion. AND I still find lit up caves. Its mind boggling to me. 

Yeah, we're not going to go without a Wilds at any point in the near future. It's far too valuable. Plus, having a "free-for-all"-esque area helps from accidentally stepping on anybody's toes.

#22 mattdaddy2000

mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

My vote is keep it all the way it is. With the nether resetting every 3 months that's plenty of time to build a farm, use it, get bored of using it, then start all over again.
The end could go either way. It's nice to have that grinder though.

#23 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

I think periodic resets of the WIlds and the Nether are essential for resource gathering.  The frequency depends on how quickly things get depleted, such as glowstone in the nether.

As for grinders and farms making things too easy- we have had this debate a number of times with Ray.  I've never understood the objectiion.  I always thought it was a personal decision. If you think it makes things to easy, don't use them.  SImple.  I've never figured out why it mattered to anyone if others were making the game too easy for themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users