• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 minecraft_kitten

minecraft_kitten
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

Hi! I'm not really sure what to put here, so I'll just be using that "Suggested Application Form" that someone posted.

In Game Name: minecraft_kitten

Real Name/Preferred Name: Lilit

Previous Minecraft experience: I started playing Minecraft around the time when Beta 1.8.1 was the latest version. I generally prefer creative to survival, as I'm more of a builder. I like to do unusual and unique stuff, like trying to make a usable house fit in a 5x5 space of land. I'm good at coming up with creative solutions to issues with builds. Just don't ask me to do anything with redstone. It won't end well.

Your background: I'm aware that I am one of the youngest people here. I hope this doesn't deter you from considering my application. I like to think that I act more mature than most people my age, although I'm biased, so that's for you to decide. I generally get along pretty well with most people.

Here's some random questions and answers:

Favorite thing to do: Reading, and Minecraft (obviously)

Favorite food: Anything involving pasta (except spaghetti) or cheese.

Biggest fear: Dying

Genre of music: alternative and experimental rock

Favorite color: Green

Favorite season: Winter

Strangest thing to ever happen to me: Getting my finger stuck in a desk at school when I was 10.

Weirdest food: Chocolate-covered bacon

Favorite song: You by Radiohead

Favorite Minecraft biome: Flower Forest

Why am I making this application:

I've played on a lot of servers in the past, but most of them have been either places with 100+ people on all the time, or places where there's usually only one person there other than you, and that really isn't all that fun for me. I've been looking for someplace in the middle, more of a community, and it looks like you have that.

Have a nice day! :)

#2 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

Hi Lilit and welcome to the SG forums! 

What makes you want to be part of our server?

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#3 minecraft_kitten

minecraft_kitten
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

While singleplayer is fun, I really like the community aspect that multiplayer can offer, especially because I don't really have all that many friends in real life. I've found many good servers that I've enjoyed playing on, but none have really fit my ideal, they've all usually been either those huge servers that feel like a huge city full of people who mostly ignore each other and do their own thing, or the kind of server where there's only one other person on who never does anything and it's really just you alone in the world, which makes it really boring and essentially just single player on a server. I've been reading all this stuff on your site here and this place really seems like that middle ground I've been looking for, a friendly community that isn't massive or practically-nonexistent.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, how did this place end up being called SixtyGig? It seems like there would be some kind of story behind that name.

#4 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:25 PM

Hey there! Welcome to the forums. It does sound like you'd like it here! While the server isn't always very active, it definitely feels like things are always being added.

I'm not sure about the name -- always wondered that myself, in fact. As far as I know, Ray (the original admin, he's since moved on) chose it randomly. :P

Any other major interests besides Minecraft?
There used to be something here..

#5 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

Welcome Lilit!

What's wrong with spaghetti??!

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#6 minecraft_kitten

minecraft_kitten
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

BlueDragon360: Yes. I like music that doesn't really follow traditional musical conventions (unusual rhythms, chords and such), genetics (I just find it really interesting for some reason idk why lol), books, "graphology" (the idea that personality traits can show up in your handwriting), and I'm interested in working in the real estate industry in the future.

Captain_Marko; I don't like tomato sauce. I put ketchup on pretty much everything, though. I'm weird that way.

#7 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

Welcome!

Not to shift the conversation to the morbid, but tell me more about this fear of dying.  Young people need to be focused on living!

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#8 minecraft_kitten

minecraft_kitten
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

That's... a really long story. Here it is in full wall-of-text form if you want to read it.

It all started way back in 2007 or 2008 when I saw a documentary on the History Channel about December 21, 2012, something about how the sun would align with the center of the galaxy or whatever. I don't really remember clearly. But I remember forgetting exactly what was said and looking up that date to try to find it, only to discover all that stuff about the world supposedly ending on that day. So that was just kind of filed away somewhere in my mind, but most of the time I didn't really pay attention to it, but this becomes relevant later.

Since around that time up to today, I've gotten periodic episodes of "overnight-onset" extreme OCD, always after I've gotten something like strep throat, a sinus infection, an ear infection, etc. Afraid to touch doorknobs because of germs, wouldn't sit on a certain cushion on a specific piece of furniture, had a mental list of things that are "contaminated", and more strange things. And a part of this, for some reason, was focused on that end-of-the-world thing. I would obsess, in my head, from the moment I got up until the moment I went to sleep, about if the world would end, and dying, etc. Lying awake at night, head full of these obsessive, pervasive thoughts.

That was the first time it happened.

This kind of thing happened twice more that I can remember. June-October of 2012, and around November 2013-February 2014.

In these instances, though, it was more focused on fear of death itself, rather than the end of the world thing.

All day, there would always be that thought, that little voice in the back of my mind that I, and everyone else I knew, would someday die. I would wonder about things like who would host TV shows after the existing hosts died. I wondered all sorts of things related to death, lying awake at night unable to stop thinking. 

I remember in the summer of 2012 being desperate for school to start already just to give me some kind of distraction, from it because it was starting to drive me crazy.

The 2013-2014 episode was by far the easiest because it had happened before and I kind of understood it. Same with 2012 but to a lesser degree.

And all this thought about it ended up eventually making that my biggest fear. Some of my other big fears are touching plants (I just can't make myself do it), spiders, snakes, mushrooms (at one point it got so bad I actually had to replace my Minecraft mushroom texture with a transparent image), tornadoes (actually, any bad weather really), losing people I care about, and earthquakes.

I didn't mean to make this such a long post, sorry lol

#9 zeophlite

zeophlite
  • Pip
  • Co-Admin
  • Log

• 123 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

The name SixtyGig comes from the original PS3 - there were multiple versions, but the 60GB hard-drive version had backwards compatibility, and so could play PS2 and PSOne games.  Hence it was the best, and so that's where the server name came from

#10 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

I've always considered the end of the world not frightening at all.  It would happen to everyone, presumably rather quickly, with nothing to follow.  Quick, final, no chance for regrets.  It seems much less frightening to me than person death.  I wouldn't worry about it.  You can bet if it ever were to happen, it would be in an unexpected way and catch us by surprise.

As for age, it only matters as a probability of maturity.  But it is by no means a a sure indicator.  We'd like mature players that treat each other with respect and consideration.  If you can do that at 15 it doesn't really matter how old you are.

As for the 60Gig name, I new it had something to do with hard drive size, I thought it might have been the size of one of Ray's server disks.  The PS3 story makes sense.  

#11 minecraft_kitten

minecraft_kitten
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:40 AM

*bump*

Interesting story for the server name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users