mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:55 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just a post to let you all know SG has a guardian farm. It's located just south east of the north west portal. It's pretty obvious. There's a tunnel under the portal that leads to the farm.

The farm is still a work in progress but is operational. I have built an item elevator but am waiting for a wilds with pack ice before I finish it. Currently you collect your items under the farm but can afk at the top of the tower. Items are sorted into crystals, shards, fish, and everything else. If you over flow one of the categories (shards) it'll just dump them in everything else. I'll set up a bank of chests that you guys can claim for keeping stuff there if you feel the need. I don't recommend leaving things in the collection chests.

Another thing that I'm still thinking about changing on the farm is having the capacity to switch it between just collecting items and collecting items and xp. I just have to find a nice way of adapting the design I used.

You'll be seeing me afk there over the next little while as I need lots of lanterns to finish a decorative element I want at the top of the tower. I'm also wanting lots of dark prismarine but the farm does not produce that many ink sacks. If anyone is using the farm and doesn't want their ink sacks I'd be grateful for the donation:)

I hope you all enjoy the farm.

#2 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:02 AM

Thank you for all the work Matt! :)

Gonna use it soon for sure.

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:56 AM

Words can't express how amazing you are!

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#4 EP43

EP43
  • Tree Puncher

• 27 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:44 AM

This absolutely makes my day! I got to have sea lanterns. And yes Matt, those dark Prisma blocks look pretty nice too.

I will probably spend most of my day there today. I set up 3 chests at the SE corner of the farm for blocks and stuff anyone can take if they like. And feel free to get rid of or move those if you like.

Thanks for all the hard work!!

*EDIT* - Matt, I was AFK at your guardian farm, and when I came back I saw the short conversation you had with Danny about the shards. Sorry I used up your shards, I was planning to AFK there most of the day and was making room in the chests, just trying to help out and generate some mats.

I did leave some blocks and lanterns and you can remove those chests if you like. There is one I marked with your name on it, it is full of shards. Also I put about 2 stacks of Ink sacs in your other chest there.

Let me know what I need to do to make it up to you.... and thanks again for all your hard work on the farm.

#5 mattdaddy2000

mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hey guys,
I ran into a bit of an issue using the farm last night. I like to go afk over night while I sleep but my client sometimes times out due to lag and I wasn't able to get back in time before someone else was using the farm. I had moved some stuff earlier out of the chests but didn't move about 2 chests of shards which looked like they had been crafted into blocks by the time I came back again. This is probably going to be an issue from time to time for some of us. I do seem to time out for whatever reason.
I think we need some protocol for dealing with these instances. My idea is for whoever is afk'ing at the farm to post a sign by the collection chests stating that you are using the farm. If you time out and someone else comes to use the farm then they can move the mats and your sign over to a second set of chests reserved for the purpose and then proceed to use the farm, placing there own sign indicating their use. I'll set up the extra chest tonight.
I think this should work but if anyone has some other suggestions feel free to post them.

#6 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

Hey guys,
I ran into a bit of an issue using the farm last night. I like to go afk over night while I sleep but my client sometimes times out due to lag and I wasn't able to get back in time before someone else was using the farm. I had moved some stuff earlier out of the chests but didn't move about 2 chests of shards which looked like they had been crafted into blocks by the time I came back again. This is probably going to be an issue from time to time for some of us. I do seem to time out for whatever reason.
I think we need some protocol for dealing with these instances. My idea is for whoever is afk'ing at the farm to post a sign by the collection chests stating that you are using the farm. If you time out and someone else comes to use the farm then they can move the mats and your sign over to a second set of chests reserved for the purpose and then proceed to use the farm, placing there own sign indicating their use. I'll set up the extra chest tonight.
I think this should work but if anyone has some other suggestions feel free to post them.

This is a good idea, and it's simple.  This is bound to be a high traffic area, at least for the moment.  Even go so far as to request that if there are loose materials in these chests, be wary on crafting them into blocks, as it's irreversible.

Odds are, if the chests are full, and no one is around, someone was AFKing for those materials.

Be mindful.

Signs are a good place to start.  Your name and the date seems a good idea?  Maybe a simple redstone lantern as well? it's lit, someone was using it.

That combined with a sign should be a simple solution for now.

Also, YOU DA MAN, MATT!

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#7 mattdaddy2000

mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

A red stone lantern is great idea Megan. I'll put that in tonight too. But I don't have any glowstone yet. Mind if I drop in at your base and grab one?

#8 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

Thanks Matt! I can finally use those beautiful blue lights now :D

I like your system of AFK notification. This could also be applied to the witch farm, I ran into some troubles with that back on SG6.

There used to be something here..

#9 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

Feel free to get some glows tone from our base :) It's in the "Lighting" chest

#10 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts
  • LocationBorup, Sjælland, Denmark, Earth, Milkyway
  • Nationality:Danish

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:32 AM

Very very nice farm, Matt. I came in today and found the light on and your sign set up. You were not online, though, so I put all your stuff in chests labeled with your name and the time I took them out. And then I changed the sign to my name and afk'd at the top. The system for showing you're harvesting is simple and works.

I added an ender chest at the collection area. I'm not sure if it's in the right spot, so feel free to move it.

I also put 6 stacks of ink sacs from my own squid farm in your chests, so it's not from a sudden shift in drops :). I have a steady supply coming in, so just let me know if you need more.

If anyone else needs ink sacs, I have a trade for sand or clay set up in the trade house in hub. If you want to trade me something else or need large amounts, please PM me.

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#11 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

ooh trade, must use it :D

#12 mattdaddy2000

mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

Very very nice farm, Matt. I came in today and found the light on and your sign set up. You were not online, though, so I put all your stuff in chests labeled with your name and the time I took them out. And then I changed the sign to my name and afk'd at the top. The system for showing you're harvesting is simple and works.

I added an ender chest at the collection area. I'm not sure if it's in the right spot, so feel free to move it.

I also put 6 stacks of ink sacs from my own squid farm in your chests, so it's not from a sudden shift in drops :). I have a steady supply coming in, so just let me know if you need more.

If anyone else needs ink sacs, I have a trade for sand or clay set up in the trade house in hub. If you want to trade me something else or need large amounts, please PM me.

Thanks again for the ink sacks. I'll definitely take you up on that trade. I still need to figure out how many dark prismarine blocks I need. It'll be in the neighborhood of a double chest or more. Do you have that many?

BTW, thanks everyone for the love on the farm. I really enjoyed making it and I hope you all enjoy using it.

#13 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts
  • LocationBorup, Sjælland, Denmark, Earth, Milkyway
  • Nationality:Danish

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

Do you need a double chest of dark prismarine, or a double chest of ink sacs?

I can say right now, that I do not have a double chest of ink sacs. I have something like 16 stacks left now. 

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#14 mattdaddy2000

mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:36 AM

Do you need a double chest of dark prismarine, or a double chest of ink sacs?

I can say right now, that I do not have a double chest of ink sacs. I have something like 16 stacks left now.

I need the ink sacks. I'm happy to do ongoing periodic trading as you need sand and I need ink. It's going to take a while for me to get the shards I need, especially if I keep timing out all the time. I'm also gathering for other projects. I have long time scales for all the projects so I'm in no rush.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users