61tasc130fe
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 108 posts
  • LocationGlen Rock, PA (USA)
  • Nationality:American

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

Any way we might have a central place list the various public farms available for use. I know the End Grinder is open to the public but things like tree farms, iron farms, etc. aren't always marked as public.

#2 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Nationality:Irish-German

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

Excellent idea. renewable resources should be readily available. We just need to keep it looking orderly for the maps sake. I think. Artfully designed buildings or areas are always nice in the central area.

#3 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire
  • Nationality:British

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

I plan on having my farms as before... wool, cow, chicken, obsidian. Just trying to finish my connection. SO MUCH IRON!!

#4 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts
  • LocationBorup, Sj√¶lland, Denmark, Earth, Milkyway
  • Nationality:Danish

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:00 AM

I changed the way my iron farms deliver, and took down the "public iron farm" sign. I will be collecting for myself for a while.

The sheep farm is still open to everyone, and the gold farm will open up as soon as I make it look a little bit nicer. It works, but is very raw in appearence. Everyone can use it, but it wont get a sign until I have done something with it's appearence.

I also made a public tree farm with a tree growing machine device under the west portal. I belive I marked it on the map, but the sign is hard to see under the "West Portal" sign.

Maybe we should make a list of avaliable farms in a seperate thread. And keep it clean, so that only information about the farm, location and maybe how to use it is written there. Comments on farms can be in this thread.

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#5 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Nationality:American

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

The cave spider farm is open to the public.  It is at EZ Retreat, SE of spawn.  There is a wood road leading there.  Go in the iron door, down the stairs to the hall way.  At the end of the hall is the farm, AFK and brewing rooms to the left.  There are viewing galleries, follow the signs.  There are a few instant damage potions available, more to follow as I build up the supply.  There is a switch to turn on the spawner, one to open the gate, and a button to "soften up" the spiders.  Turn on the spawner and open the gate.  AFK and before softening the spiders, close the gate.  I usually leave the off a while before closing the gate to allow stragglers to get in the kill chamber.

There is not really anything else at the moment, but more to come.  Hoping to set up a villager trading station soon, just need some more villager zombies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users