5 replies to this topic

#1 dc4460

dc4460
  • Tree Puncher

• 23 posts
  • LocationSomerset
  • Nationality:British

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

Hi guys my name is Dave but most friends call me DC.

I've read that SixtyGig is for mature players 18+ who want to play minecraft with other mature players and don't get bothered by youngsters who just want to moan, grief, steal etc, etc....  

Bit of background info!

I'm 51 years old (might be the oldest on here)

I come from the UK

I've been playing MC for around 6 years

I work in the Multimedia, Instructional Design industry designing aviation 2d /3d animations for training products. I think this is one reason I like MC.

I enjoy playing Minecraft in my spare time, I enjoy building especially tree-houses and Japanese builds. I've played many different types of servers Creative, PVP, Semi-vanilla but my favourites are vanilla servers, I just enjoy starting with nothing and having to grow, build and create everything. I even played a Ultra-hard server which is impossible, I still pop on to see a friend or two, but on their it's all survival as everything is made to kill you, so I'm looking for a more calmer and friendly server.

I hope this is enough info, if not please ask for more if you require.

I hope to here from you soon!!

May be old and grey, but young at heart

#2 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Nationality:American

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

Howdy DC, not the oldest by a long shot, I'm 67.  Since I retired as an IT professional, I have done some low tech animation of a brand of woodworking tool with SketchUp.  I really enjoy it, but no longer provide them with stuff, and can't seem to find anything that interests me enough to animate it.  MC is next best, living in an animation...

Hope you make it on board.

Dik

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

Hi Dave :) Welcome to the SG forums!

I dont even think you make top 5 of aging old people here, at 51 =)

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#4 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

Sounds like you've come to the right place!

We are friendly (not Renic though), and we are calm (no not really at all).

But I'm sure you'll love us anyway (we'll make you). ;)

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#5 zeophlite

zeophlite
  • Pip
  • Co-Admin
  • Log

• 123 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:22 PM

I'm interested in your Japanese builds, DC, do you have any screenshots, or will we have to wait and see what you build?

#6 dc4460

dc4460
  • Tree Puncher

• 23 posts
  • LocationSomerset
  • Nationality:British

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:57 AM

Hi Guys, thanks for the nice comments.  I've noticed I missed off that I also like to build Eichler style homes on MC, I love modern open plan style of homes, something that works very well when building on MC. 

Zeophlite I'm sorry I don't have any images of Japanese style homes I've built.  The latest place I was building initially started out as a zen house, I took the idea from an iOS app "Zen Garden". After starting it it quickly changed into a more modern open plan house encompassing around a pool that was going to be a water garden.

:)

May be old and grey, but young at heart

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users