20 replies to this topic

#1 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

Hello guys,

As the topic says I am Sharp_Panda. My real name is Ian, but you can call me sharp. I live in a small town in northern Maine called Benedicta. As of the 18th of November I am 15 years of age. 

I found this server after my google search for "clean minecraft servers" and it seems I've hit the jackpot! I wish to join as this server seems worlds from the other servers that I frequent. I want a place where I can build by base with no fear of griefing or thievery. I also enjoy collaboration in my minecraft adventures. Whenever I am online I try to help others with problems they may have, or projects that take more than one player. On the server I played on last I started a village with the same values as this server.

Outside of minecraft I go to the Maine School of Science and Mathematics, which is a public magnet school in rural northern Maine. I enjoy studying computer science and engineering which is what brought me to minecraft in the first place. In my spare time I play the trombone in community band as well as in a chamber orchestra. 

Both at school and at rehearsals I have experienced the felling of a strong community, and until now have struggled to reflect that with a minecraft server. 

#2 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

Hi Ian, and welcome to the SG forums :)

A slightly belated happy birthday!

What sorts of things do you build in MC?

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#3 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:30 AM

Thanks. Most of the time I try to build remote cabins, nothing fancy but I thinkj they look nice. That said I have built some major projects such as an undersea base with forests, jungles, farms, and all. 

When I am not building a new structure I enjoy doing landscaping around it. In my opinion this is a important as the house its self. As a matter of fact, on one previous server I ran a fairly successful landscaping and construction buisness.

#4 zeophlite

zeophlite
  • Pip
  • Co-Admin
  • Log

• 123 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:02 AM

Sounds interesting, any screenshots of your previous work?

#5 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:33 AM

Unfortunately I cannot acces servers (where my builds are located) until the weekend due to my school's internet restrictions. 

#6 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:38 PM

Out of curiosity, are small buisness allowed to be built? Such as redstone consultant, landscaper, that sort of thing?

#7 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts
  • LocationBorup, Sjælland, Denmark, Earth, Milkyway
  • Nationality:Danish

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:54 AM

Setting up a shop is not a problem at all... Getting paid might be an issue.

We have no currency on the server, but do have a very basic tradesystem. I give you 2 blocks of sand, and you give me 2 blocks of raw clay. All based on just giving the other players what they need, and trusting them to give back what you need (or agreed to trade).

If you set up a shop, you just have to tell people what you want for helping them. I have to warn you though :) Most people just help each other out, and expect nothing in return, so it's likely not to be a very profitable business.

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#8 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:52 AM

I see. Either way its a win. I mostly just enjoy building.

On the topic of building, in the rules under sixty city it said no complex redstone. Does that apply for the entire server, or just the city limits. Also, what qualifies as "complex" redstone.

#9 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

I don't belive there is a standard for "complex" redstone, but I could be wrong.

I have always used this - keep redstone to an absolute minimum in and around sixty city. Some people's computers and/or internet can't handle loading the redstone contraptions without lagging, so in the areas where most people pass by (the city, portal areas and public farms) the redstone should be kept at a minimum or not used at all. On the rest of the server (your own build site) you are free to build a computer out of redstone.

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#10 zeophlite

zeophlite
  • Pip
  • Co-Admin
  • Log

• 123 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

It's mostly talking about "always on" types of contraptions.  You can have them at your base, but within ~300 blocks of Town hall, that's a no-no.

#11 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:47 PM

Ah, I see. Would things like piston doors etc. Be ok?

Btw, the week and next is finals week, and prep for it. Therefore I might not be as active on the forums as I'd like to be during that time.

#12 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:47 PM

Ah, I see. Would things like piston doors etc. Be ok?

Btw, the week and next is finals week, and prep for it. Therefore I might not be as active on the forums as I'd like to be during that time.

#13 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

Hi Ian

A minecraft landscaper?  I could use that!  I really get into the structures but find I have little energy left over to plant my flowerbed.    Or perhaps moats of boiling lava around my castle walls if that could be considered landscaping.  

#14 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:17 PM

Moats of lava! Well, whatever floats your boat I guess, or in thuis case, turns it to ashes. 

And yeah, sometimes I focus more on landscaping the area near my house that I put more into that than the house itself! haha

#15 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:22 AM

Moats of lava! Well, whatever floats your boat I guess, or in thuis case, turns it to ashes. 

The-drugs-boat-burning.jpgMy boat...

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#16 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

The-drugs-boat-burning.jpgMy boat...

Oh dear. Wait, fire and water. Physics much?

#17 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:52 AM

In minecraft, when water and lava meet, either cobblestone or obsidian is created.

I the real world, when when a boat, gasoline and stupidity meet, you get the result from the picture. 

#18 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

In minecraft, when water and lava meet, either cobblestone or obsidian is created.

I the real world, when when a boat, gasoline and stupidity meet, you get the result from the picture. 

So entertainment?

#19 Sharp_Panda

Sharp_Panda
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:12 PM

I know it has been awhile but I thought I would give you guys an update. I recently changed my minecraft in-game name to Northeast_Panda. I have also reached a higher level of building. When I used to build monochromatice, generic houses I now construct small, natural homes. I also have focused on redstone skills. 

Also, I was wondering if the server has updated to 1.9.

#20 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:51 AM

Unfortunately Panda 60G server will be closing at the end of March.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users