B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts
  • LocationBorup, Sj√¶lland, Denmark, Earth, Milkyway
  • Nationality:Danish

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

I vaguely remember something about it not being a good idea to make signs on the wilds map, if you didn't plan on taking them down before the reset, because the sign would stay behind and be visible on the new map.

Is this still the case?

If so, I would very much like to know now, so I can take the long treks without a specific timelimit.

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#2 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:12 PM

Short answer: Maybe.

Long answer: It's possible, but I don't know right now. I don't think they will stay behind. But I haven't done a reset of either map yet to give you a definitive answer. We could try this by putting up some signs in the Nether and when I reset it next, we'll be able to tell definitively. Unfortunately, I don't know what functionality would have caused the signage to stay last time so I can't be 100% sure.

#3 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Nationality:Irish-German

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:37 PM

When it happened in the Rayvolution era, a complete wilds map reset seemed to clear signs after a reset. Otherwise they went away as you got close to them as the map redrew itself. 

#4 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

Dynmap is awfully buggy, I think sometimes they refused to clear whatever was done.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users