16 replies to this topic

#1 TheSquirrely01

TheSquirrely01
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

IGN: TheSquirrely01

​I am location in the US, Washington State specifically. I am a casual gamer looking for a mature server to participate in. I have been a member of a lot of different servers many of them shut down now or refreshed erasing all the work I've done.

I am 25 and a father of two with my wife so I play mostly in the evening when the kids sleep.  In all reality I am tired of joining servers with preteens and kids. I just want a little area i can play to survive and not worry about getting raided or grief, with people i can still talk to without worrying if I'm talking to some 10 to 15 something who doesn't know the world beyond their bedroom. 

What I'm ultimately looking for is a server with a small to medium community that is stable and long lasting.

i look forward to your consideration.

-TheSquirrely01

#2 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:19 AM

Welcome!

You won't find any of those type of kids here Squirrely, we have a few younger aged members but they are mature in outlook.

What do you like to do when not doing family stuff or MC? Tell us about your IGN, do you like squirrels or prefer to shoot them....

Good luck  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#3 TheSquirrely01

TheSquirrely01
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:34 AM

Thank you,

Well the majority of my day and week are spent at work. I also cook a lot for the family. Recently I've tried picking up the guitar to pick up a different hobby. Other than MC i play a lot of League of Legends.

My IGN was something i started back in middle school when the original Xbox live introduced it. Ever since then when i start a game I use that User and it just so happens to be available every time. It's great having one user name across all games. It probably started because i used to live in Germany and we had this running joke in my family that we never saw any squirrels in the 8 years we lived there. That was also back when The matrix was a big movie. So i just combined squirrels and "The One" to make TheSquirrely01

#4 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Nationality:American

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:43 AM

That is good, cause I don't particularly like squirrels as they are quite the pest around here.  It took me about 15 years to finally defeat their raiding our bird feeders, and they are constantly digging up my wife's plants...

#5 TheSquirrely01

TheSquirrely01
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

Agreed, it is quite a bit of time to get used to them. When we moved back state side we just got squirrel proof bird feeders which i swear never work. Then after that we just got a squirrel feeder cause if you cant beat 'em join 'em right?

#6 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:36 AM

I play a lot of League of Legends.

Booooo! :( Dota 2 is better!

I share your sentiment towards usernames. I've been rocking the Schematix or Schematix7 for sometime now. It is very nice.

Mandatory Schematix question: Do you like trees? Are you proficient at building trees? What's your favorite tree species (irl, not MC trees)? 

What squirrel feeders did you use? Did you use the electric spinner ones by chance? I use to sell those at my old job, but I didn't actually know if they worked or not. I just saw videos like this all the time, so I assumed it did. Actually, I found the promotional video that played NON STOP on one of the TVs there. The music is permanently ingrained into my brain. I hope I'm properly expressing my hatred towards this. https://youtu.be/K3Ut-BA6WW4?t=3m36s They say squirrels aren't harmed by it, but I've seen videos where squirrels hold on for so long that when they fall to the ground they can't move around. They just spin on the ground without going anywhere. But hey! Squirrels suck, right?

Edit: I've gotten use to reddit formatting lately... fixed.

Smile! :)

#7 TheSquirrely01

TheSquirrely01
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:41 PM

I tried DOTA 2 too much going on there for me.

Well first thing first my favorite tree hmmm..... I'd have to say (after googling what the heck it's called) my favorite tree is the Adansonia Digitata. Which, if you google it, is the Lion King tree the one Rafiki lives in looks awesome.

Our squirrel feeder was just a bird house connected to a large mason jar with seeds in it. Yep, I've seen those spinner ones. Those looks like they would knock the would out of you.

#8 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Your IGN makes me see this Squirrel feeder in my mind every time...

19h3suvcvabyejpg.jpg

Welcome!

Do you still play any Xbox or are you just on PC now?

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#9 TheSquirrely01

TheSquirrely01
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

Thank you, I like giving people a good laugh from my name. 

I do occasionally play Xbox 360 under same IGN but kids and wife mainly take over TV. I do plan on upgrading to Xbox ONE eventually

#10 TheSquirrely01

TheSquirrely01
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:57 PM

Well i guess its been a few days. Ran around reading the website, saw how it was an invite only site then all the sudden applications are open lol. Well in any case just showing I'm still active here hoping to get voted in on the 1st.

#11 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:52 PM

Well i guess its been a few days. Ran around reading the website, saw how it was an invite only site then all the sudden applications are open lol. Well in any case just showing I'm still active here hoping to get voted in on the 1st.

I don't think we've ever been an invite only? There was a period of time where whitelist applications were closed, but I think that was because of the reset. You could go poke around in some of the other threads in the public forum if you'd like. 

Smile! :)

#12 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:36 AM

I don't think we've ever been an invite only? There was a period of time where whitelist applications were closed, but I think that was because of the reset. You could go poke around in some of the other threads in the public forum if you'd like. 

I believe there was a point in time where you need someone to vouch for you but now you just need to get ros's approval instead of a few peoples. 

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#13 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:11 AM

Zac is right. Ehm. I'll be looking at applications next on the 29th, and the people who get in, will get to know (and be whitelisted) on friday the 5th of feb :)

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#14 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

I believe there was a point in time where you need someone to vouch for you but now you just need to get ros's approval instead of a few peoples. 

just need to get ros's approval

.... you say that like it's an easy thing....  :face_ghast_32px:

Posted Image

#15 TheSquirrely01

TheSquirrely01
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:17 PM

Ooooooh dang. 29th is coming up and I'm looking forward to selections on the 5th. Just quick question, for those people who do pass how can they be expected to be notified?

#16 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:11 AM

You'd get a welcome PM :)

Should really add some confetti to those!

Good luck Squirrely!

Lik

#17 TheSquirrely01

TheSquirrely01
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

Well today is inspection day. Hope I did well and I'll get to meet everyone in server.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TheSquirrely01, New member, application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users