B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts
  • LocationBorup, Sjælland, Denmark, Earth, Milkyway
  • Nationality:Danish

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

I would like to open up my build to everyone.

I started a modern city just up northeast of the hub. I have since made some nice highrises, buildings, streets, shops and also the odd farm or seven... Now I'd like to invite anyone who wants to make a modern house, highrise, shop, farm, basement, interior, vehicle or otherwise to come and add to the city.

There are no strict ruleset, except it must be modern. You can make roads, as long as they make sense, are made from black wool, and follow the size and design of those already there. I picture the town center being where the tall buildings are, and the residential area east of the mall, but maybe it will grow into something different.

If you would like to keep a building for yourself, to decorate, please put a sign on the entrance with your name. Everyone can decorate and do interior in the buildings with no signs saying otherwise.

I will make a chest area somewhere, where I will put materials for the city. I'll make sure to mark it with a dynmap sign, when it's ready. Everyone can donate materials to the city there also.

EDIT: Building materials for the city is at ground level, right under the gold farm in the biggest highrise in the city.

The mountain north of town that has a road leading into it, is mine. I have hollowed out a lot of it, and that will be my project. Feel free to visit, though.

The Mall I just made is free to be filled with shops of all kinds. You can change the floors, change glass windows to walls and combine multiple shops if you like, but please don't alter the basic structure, the center or the outside.

Any villagers placed in the city can not be moved by anyone but the person who placed them, unless you get permission from that person.

Existing farms made by me must not be altered, unless you get permission by me. Everyone is free to use them, though.

When building, please try to make it non mob spawning. I have tried to keep the whole center of town mob free from mobs by use of halfslabs and "hidden" lighting. This is tricky at times, and sometimes not 100%, but please try to keep mob spawning down when building.

So come on up/down/over and let's make the town grow.

/B01E

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#2 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Nationality:American

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

Do you have plans to extend the E/W street to the east and south to the mall parking lot?  I am considering doing so until I can come up with a modern house to build

#3 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:17 AM

Yeah, but there is a big hole that needs to be covered in order for the road to be level. I plan to cover that hole today.

EDIT: I covered the hole, leveled out the terrain, and put in some sidewalks. Should be smooth sailing laying down the road now.

Edited by B01E, 08 January 2016 - 07:16 AM.

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

#4 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

Oh., I was going to build a bridge.  I see what you are doing now.  How about a tunnel where it meets that mountain?  I was thinking about a house atop that small peak if the tunnel isn't too high.

#5 B01E

B01E
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

A tunnel sounds great. I'm not sure what height looks right, but you can try it, and we can adjust if nessesary. I think a house on top will still be possible. I'm assuming you plan for the tunnel to be east/west...

#6 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:15 AM

East through the mountains, and then south toward then"residential" area.

#7 mattdaddy2000

mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

Great idea! This might help me get over my boredom with my own build.

#8 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:06 AM

Just a little thing, but its North-WEST of hub city, not north-east :P

Posted Image

#9 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

I have built a road into the residential area.  Feel free to extend to your intended build site.  Please keep the street straight, and build a driveway off of it if you want,

I must ask; "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

https://picasaweb.go...3257681/Chicken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users