• Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Name: 60 Gigs over Minecraft

Seed: N/A

Jobs: Gathering & Building will be up to each player. Chests will be provided for spare materials to be shared.
Team: (Name & current main project)
GarrikP - Roads & general layout
Nekcalb - "Danger Mountain" & roller coaster
Axman - Picnic area
Rayven - "Tundra plains"
Eryng - "Main St."

Detail: This will be a 'fluid' map, no set sizes or other spacial restrictions other than make sure any new piece doesn't interfere with existing neighboring pieces of the map.

Pieces:
Roller coaster(s)
Water slide(s)
"lazy river"
Big tent
Game booths/ food court
* Have an idea, ask!

Optional:
Carousel
Merry-go-round

<Profound statement>

#2 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

I'll be glad to help out.

This is a sign up sheet people, if your interested in joining on the community build say so.

The more the merrier. :mobsheep:
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#3 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts
  • Nationality:American

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

Sounds good axman is in!
"Ax is quiet like a fox but he will ATTACK if needed." -Stacy

#4 quickgroth

quickgroth
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 242 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona
  • Nationality:'Merican

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

-EDIT-
Nevermind. I just proposed another community project.

#5 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

I will help out. I wonder how we can make a good water ride now that Notch messed up boats. Does anyone have an idea? We may not be able to do much other than slant it and make it a one way ride since water elevators no longer work. We could make a minecart ride back to the top I suppose or just hoof it.

#6 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

wonder how we can make a good water ride now that Notch messed up boats.

we could use pistons to push the boat up just a thought.

#7 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

I'm in. Is anyone going to draw up a layout? It might be a little easier if everyone knows where things will/should be.

#8 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

I'm in. Is anyone going to draw up a layout? It might be a little easier if everyone knows where things will/should be.

Like to see a map layout before getting any ideas where what should be. Probably the best solution would be to have several of us on and discuss the best place to put things, once a few decisions are made maybe stake off an area for each structure and place a sign designating what is being built there. Using some colored wool would be best for doing something like that.
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#9 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

As far as a layout, I'm trying to keep things open for now so we can see what works, what doesn't work and what might be improved on since this is the first ComPro.
And anything like that will need to wait for the actual map anyway.

<Profound statement>

#10 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

Like to see a map layout before getting any ideas where what should be. Probably the best solution would be to have several of us on and discuss the best place to put things, once a few decisions are made maybe stake off an area for each structure and place a sign designating what is being built there. Using some colored wool would be best for doing something like that.

It's not up to me how y'all plan everything but if I could make a suggestion..

Someone should find a really good world seed to use, and then use the program I use to render our zone map on that seed and layout details on where everything should be placed before building starts. I'd recommend a really flat map with very few trees since most amusement parks are all on flat land. :)

Program I use, Cartograph G:
http://www.minecraft...p-your-beta-17/

With Cartograph G you can make isometric maps (Like our zone map) or overhead maps (perfect for planning/layouts).

Also once you guys get a map seed you like, I will create a clone of it so you can all start work. Once the "official" version of the map is live on the server I can help out on the admin side and make updated isometric and overhead maps for you at request, so you guys can track progress.

I just thought I'd toss my 2 cents in. :)

sig.png

#11 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

i spent some time typing seeds in the generator and my best flat seeds are as follows:

"alchemy" You start on a cliff, but go inland 30-50 blocks and you find a nice flat plain with only a few trees or hills suffers from a pit here and there but that's easily mended.

"axmandan" a nice large flat area with multiple pumpkin patches. problem is its snow and has a few spires in the center.

"thehive" not quite flat borders on "rolling hills" has a few groves of trees and snow and desert weaves in and out of it

"bagpipe" hardly worth mention not flat plains but a chain of low flat islands.

seeds do not have the " "(quotations)

#12 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

Any of which we could easily use.
Bridges connect islands, snow/desert can create themed areas, spires and cliffs can make coasters and slides more scenic & interesting.

<Profound statement>

#13 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

Are seeds the same? Cause I'm trying Ax's list and not matching the descriptions

<Profound statement>

#14 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

I didn't find a good flat map but I found an awesome map for making a Pirate City. Type in "PirateParty". It is a water/cove map with tons of really cool hollowed out mountains and caves right on the water. It will make an excellent Pirate or water themed map. Check out coords -193 x 188, -243 x 316, and 231 x 316 for starters.

I also typed in "PumpkinPatch" and there are three patches within eye shot if you go to coords 27 x 72. That may be a coincidence or it may indicate that the seed spawns a lot of pumpkins.

Edit: I am wondering about the seed thing. Do the worlds really generate exactly the same or just similar? I am not sure if it works as well as we hope it does. I suggest someone go to the coords I wrote and see if the pumpkins and coves are where they are in my map. One of the underground, on the water caves has a column of lava flowing straight down into the the water, see if it is there in your game too.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Look at the water caves from water level. If you are standing up on the roof you may not even see the caves beneath you.

#15 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

Are seeds the same? Cause I'm trying Ax's list and not matching the descriptions

I am not sure how it works exactly, the seed name should be exactly the same with minor changes from what others experience.

But as you said garrik some of axman's descriptions don't quite match up. Same with rayven's so i don't know what is going on there.

However enter this number as your seed, you will spawn inside a spider dungeon.

#16 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

I am not sure how it works exactly, the seed name should be exactly the same with minor changes from what others experience.

But as you said garrik some of axman's descriptions don't quite match up. Same with rayven's so i don't know what is going on there.

However enter this number as your seed, you will spawn inside a spider dungeon.

The seeds are also case sensitive, and even spaces will result in a totally different seed. So "Axmandan" and "axmandan" aren't even going to be remotely similar maps. Even "axmandan" and "axmandan " (note the space) wont even be the same.

But, assuming it's the right seed, every single type you go to the same seed it should be the exact same terrain (even the same caves). The only thing that's randomized is things like grass, trees, pumpkins, etc. But the actual layout of the map and the biomes will be exactly the same, every time.

Also, *maybe* 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 generate different seeds based on what you put in? That could explain it if people aren't seeing the same seed? But that doesn't make since though. But hey, this is notch's programming we're working with here.

EDIT: The version number shouldn't effect seeds, because I just generated a brand new map using our Wildland's seed, and the map is exact. I even ran over to where Nekcalb has been collecting sand (On the server) and in my seed, it's the same beach in the exact same shape. Just with the sand still there obviously.

I think Axman's seed names are wonky, because I don't get anything like what Axman's seed descriptions are either. I also used Nekcalb's seed and I indeed spawned in a spider dungeon :P

sig.png

#17 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

type them as i wrote them so "axmandan" thus you type no spaces all lowercase axmandan and remember you spawn on sand so in some of my seed walk inland for a littlebit

#18 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

i force updated my client and did the seeds again got the same map are you sure your typeing in the correct seeds?

Edit: the seed axmandan is not working anymore odd

on alchemy one only needs to got forward 10 feet and your there

on thehive go northwest for 30 or so yards

on bagpipe you spawn on the island

hope that helps

#19 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

Seed Suggestion: (Remeber to cap the "L")
"Leave blank for a random seed" without quotes.

Once generated turn around and climb up the hill. The terrain is boringish, but there's a lot of flat land... and if you head up to the hill front of you once you climb up, you'll see a lot more open land.

It's also on the shoreline, if that was something desirable. ;)

sig.png

#20 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

i force updated my client and did the seeds again got the same map are you sure your typeing in the correct seeds?

Edit: the seed axmandan is not working anymore odd

really odd, it worked this time. Must of typoed somewhere when I did it. ;P

sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users