82 replies to this topic

#41 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

Gar and I made a small temporary room right in front of the gate. I tried sleeping but kept getting attacked, so I dug a hole and created a small room in which to place beds and extra storage. I took over some torches, fences, etc...feel free to use them.

#42 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

update:

http://sixtygig.com/.../60govermc2.png

sig.png

#43 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

Basic plan:
Posted Image

Plenty of room for more volunteers.
There's 2-3 major areas that are completely open to development ideas for full-time players to head up themselves, or part time players are encouraged to think of an amusement park/carnival attraction with or without a theme.

<Profound statement>

#44 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

Basic plan:
Posted Image

Plenty of room for more volunteers.
There's 2-3 major areas that are completely open to development ideas for full-time players to head up themselves, or part time players are encouraged to think of an amusement park/carnival attraction with or without a theme.

Posted Image
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#45 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:44 AM

We can move the cowhead ice rink. I put it there and then noticed when I was walking around that there was more ice elsewhere. It was easy to make so we can move it if y'all want.

#46 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

We can move the cowhead ice rink. I put it there and then noticed when I was walking around that there was more ice elsewhere. It was easy to make so we can move it if y'all want.

that's fine Rayven, if you want to move it feel free to do so
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#47 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

Nah, I had Ray make a 'Tundra' portal to the icy area and we can make a winter world around there. I wouldn't touch the rinks location

<Profound statement>

#48 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

I have an idea. I don't know if I can do it but if anyone has a picture of a penguin made out of cubes, maybe I could make a big penguin on the ice. We could then use it as a water slide or run a railroad through it, or whatever. If it can't be used as one of those things I could just make it a snowcone stand or something silly. I looked for an image of a penguin made out of cubes but I couldn't find anything. Have any of you seen one? If we can find a good image I can use up my ink sacs and start gathering black wool for it.

#49 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

Google: 8-bit penguin

I like:
Posted Image

<Profound statement>

#50 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

I found pics like that. What I was trying to find was one made of cubes so I'd know how to make it 3d. I am terrible at trying to create 3d shapes out of nothing but square blocks. I think I am bain dramagaed. :-/

I found a cool penguin made of legos but I could tell that once I converted it to minecraft squares it would be so huge it wouldn't even fit the map. lego penguin

I googled 'lego penguin" , "cube penguin", "minecraft penguin", and "pixel penguin" and couldn't find anything good. I need something made only of square cubes and small enough that it doesn't overshadow everything else in our park. I don't know where to go to find good pictures of animals made out of minecraft blocks.

My penguin idea may not work, it's possible that to build it out of blocks and have it actually look like a penguin it would be too huge, but it was a thought. I was thinking cute tundra critters would be fun, but it could be a no-go.

#51 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

However you want to do it (or not do it) is fine by me. I think it's a cute idea and would easily fill some space, we have plenty to spare.

<Profound statement>

#52 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Okay, I am going to give it a shot. If it turns out to be totally lame looking I will just tear it down. I may start out with it rather squarish looking and then round it after I get a basic shape going. I guess I could also make it squarish and then add layers of chubbiness after I figure out the dimensions. I have no idea what I'm doing but here goes!

#53 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts
  • Nationality:American

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

When we make the canival id like to build the funhouse.
"Ax is quiet like a fox but he will ATTACK if needed." -Stacy

#54 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

I am having a heat crisis and won't be able to play once the day grows too hot. The heat exhaust from the laptop is unbearable. I will be offline a lot until the new air conditioning unit arrives.

I will place a bunch of ink sacs and shears in the chests and if y'all have the space I would appreciate it if you'd dye and shear sheep while you're doing other things. It looks like I am going to need a ton of black wool for the penguin. I used up all I had and barely got the bottom done.

Edit: I placed some ink and shears in the chest closest to the portal, down the little road.

I am going to go collect a bunch of snow and wool before it gets too hot to play. Whatever we decide to do in the Tundra will probably take a lot of snow, so I might as well go collect a bunch.

I saw the rollercoaster y'all are working on. It is looking good. I see you found a mob spawner. That is awesome, I was really hoping we'd come across some that we could incorporate into our rides. You guys have done a lot of work, everything looks great.

I am wondering if we will have to build safe spots along the trails for people who get stuck there at night. I couldn't make it back to town and died, then died over and over trying to get back to my stuff. We may need to come up with some kind of cubby hole/safe spot that fits the design so people have places to dart in to if they need them. Hey, I know, we can make them bathrooms! Yeah, you see those all over the place in amusement parks. We can make a "bathroom" every so often along the trails. LOL

#55 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

I am wondering if we will have to build safe spots along the trails for people who get stuck there at night.

I believe that is part of the plan, small cottages with some food scattered about.

#56 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

Shops, and other safer spots will be all along the path, I'm sure there'll be plenty of mob-spawnable areas, but at least something within sight, *if* you're on the road.
Don't get caught out in the picnic grove at night :mobspider: :mobzombie: :mobsheep: :mobskeleton: :mobcreeper:

<Profound statement>

#57 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

Just thought I'd make a list of stuff I still need to build:

- More stores along Main Street. (Other people are also welcome to build/furnish)
- Rainbow Drop Ride
- Roads to/from Drop Ride
- Tunnel of Love/ Lazy River
- Swimming Pool?

Feel free to list what you plan on building so we don't overlap jobs.

#58 RayvenNightsong

RayvenNightsong
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 273 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

I think I'll concentrate on the Tundra area. These are my ideas so far. Feel free to suggest things and/or build things in the area.

-Finish the Penguin and make it into a ride or something
-bumper car ride
-giant snowman and turn it into a ride or something
-under the ice *something*, either an "aquarium" or incorporate an under the ice area into one of the rides
-roads, bathrooms, snack shops, stores, etc...

#59 quickgroth

quickgroth
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 242 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona
  • Nationality:'Merican

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

As Garrik asked me, I will build the pirate ship. This is what I will need:

White wool
Wooden Planks
Fences
Wood (Trunks)
Wooden stairs
Wooden slabs

#60 quickgroth

quickgroth
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 242 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona
  • Nationality:'Merican

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

I also have a good idea. For those people who like to explore, we can find a giant cave system and have people be able to explore it. We can hide ore in it (like iron) and they can just put it in a chest at the end. It is kind of difficult to explain but I think it is a fun idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users