Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

SixtyCity is going to be, for the most part, a freebuild area on our zone map. But there will be building rules and management to the city. After taking in all the input all over the forums about what people want SixtyCity to be like, this is the draft of the rules that will eventually become the official SixtyCity rules once SixtyGig 3.0 breaks ground.

General Building Rules
- No one is allowed to build roads but ASSIGNED "road crew". That way, all the roads blend/match and fit into other server-wide systems, like Nek rails and Roach's canals.

- No one is allowed to reserve space unless they are going to build within a day or 2.

- Large projects, like Nek's rails and Roach's canals will be a team effort, unless for some reason they want to work alone. But since they would shape the entire zone, they should be debated/discussed on the forum and approved before ground is broken.

- Small projects, total freebuild. Build whatever you want within reason, obviously a 10 story condo doesn't belong in the middle of a farm.

- No religion, politics, etc. The city must remain neutral.

- No mob grinders what so ever, the city is about looks more than it is about function. Please don't build any grinders or oversized farm systems in the city limits.

- Having said above, farms are "ok" as lot as it reasonable and blends in. For example, make a reed farm thats around 20x20 in size behind a house as a garden (or even a farmhouse with a large farm?), you can use it if you want. But don't make a huge 5 story high 50x50 automated piston reed farm that farms 100000534982321+1 reeds a second.

- No one but Veterans are allowed to tear down other people's buildings unless the person asked you to do it.

- Incomplete buildings making no progress WILL be torn down.

- The admin will NOT move/relocate/delete anything.

- No buildings made up of only 1 block unless it's a special exception. (Example; An igloo made of ice or snow is fine, a cobble cube hut is not.)

- Veterans reserve the right to tell you to not build in certain areas or tell you to tear down your building if it interferes with city plans.

- The rules are not debatable.

- Veterans won't tell you to move/tear down a building unless they have a good reason. Please be understanding; they want to work with you, not against you.

- No leveling large areas of mountain, dirt, trees, etc without approval. Obviously a little change is fine, but nothing that reshapes the entire area.

- If one Veteran tells you no, don't go to another until you finally get a "yes" answer.

- NO mining, harvesting, cave splunking what so ever! We are trying to preserve the natrual look of the zone.

This list is semi-final, please give me your thoughts.

sig.png

#2 quickgroth

quickgroth
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 242 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona
  • Nationality:'Merican

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

- NO mining, harvesting, cave splunking what so ever! We are trying to preserve the natrual look of the zone.

I think spelunking is fine just to light up dark areas. The constant sound of mobs is annoying. As long as we give the materials to things like Nek's rails and roach's canals, we should be fine ;D

#3 nottir

nottir
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

I think spelunking is fine just to light up dark areas. The constant sound of mobs is annoying. As long as we give the materials to things like Nek's rails and roach's canals, we should be fine ;D

If there's a cave system under the city we should make it a tourist attraction. Lights, signs, walkways, maybe even rails. And t-shirts in the gift shop. :D

Rules sounds fine to me. I like that it's a bit looser, i.e., the freebuild aspect. I look forward to it.

#4 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

- Small projects, total freebuild. Build whatever you want within reason, obviously a 10 story condo doesn't belong in the middle of a farm.

I imagine this is the rule that most non-vet players are going to need the most guidance about to avoid confusion. To help guide us could you please give us examples of what are and are not small projects from our current map? Take the 2 watch towers you built in your zone for example, are those small projects? How about that one building next to the dev map portal with all the free stuff inside? The more guidance we non-vets can get in this area the more we will be able to build without being so ambitious that we break the rules.

Thanks so much.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

I imagine this is the rule that most non-vet players are going to need the most guidance about to avoid confusion. To help guide us could you please give us examples of what are and are not small projects from our current map? Take the 2 watch towers you built in your zone for example, are those small projects? How about that one building next to the dev map portal with all the free stuff inside? The more guidance we non-vets can get in this area the more we will be able to build without being so ambitious that we break the rules.

Thanks so much.

These are all based on my zone, since I have a general idea of their size.

Examples of what does need approval:
My Castle
My Portal Room for Zone 24
The docks areas in between in Zone 23 and 24
Hedge maze (Near Library)
The tower behind my house (Due to insane height)

Examples of what does not need approval:
My house (including walls)
The Library (Outside of Zone 23's portal room head right)
Fort Knox (Outside the Zone 23 portal room to your left. Closest building once you're outside)
The lookout towers

sig.png

#6 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

These are all based on my zone, since I have a general idea of their size.

Examples of what does need approval:
My Castle
My Portal Room for Zone 24
The docks areas in between in Zone 23 and 24
Hedge maze (Near Library)
The tower behind my house (Due to insane height)

Examples of what does not need approval:
My house (including walls)
The Library (Outside of Zone 23's portal room head right)
Fort Knox (Outside the Zone 23 portal room to your left. Closest building once you're outside)
The lookout towers

Thanks for taking the time to spell that all out. Much appreciated.

#7 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

I would like to suggest a couple of rules that have to do with Lag. While many of us have powerful computers and spend most of the time running around with fog of war set to far, fancy graphics and smooth lighting others have more trouble, (including myself.) To give you an idea of what I mean I tend to explore the surface with my fog set to normal, fast graphics and smooth lighting off. When in caves or about to start combat I have to drop fog down to tiny to avoid getting myself killed because of the lag. This is of course nobody elses problem. Nevertheless, out of consideration to your fellows I ask that an effort is made to do the following to help the RAM impaired:

• Make minimal use of trees. The way light filters through trees uses a lot of RAM. I don't mean to say 'No trees' just not a lot of them.
  • No redstone devices that are in continual use, (ie clocks). Complicated redstone devices in general cause lag but ones that are in continual use can be especially taxing on less powerful conmputers.

If these are not adopted as rules I would still like to encourage everyone to avoid using trees and redstone in this way at least in high traffic areas or in areas that other players can not avoid, (like near the portal hub.)

#8 Gokorahn

Gokorahn
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 61 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

latyper, may I inquire as to the specs of your computer?
Posted Image

#9 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

:: Struggles how to answer that question... finds some specification looking text::

ACPI x64-based PC
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 900@ 2.20GHz

I do know that it is cheap $300 toshiba that I bought last January.

#10 Balkep

Balkep
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 239 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

If these are not adopted as rules...

I hope these will not be rules. We have enough quite strict limitations already.

#11 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

I hope these will not be rules. We have enough quite strict limitations already.

Agreed limiting things like red stone and trees will be a big blow to many peoples design styles (like me).
"Ax is quiet like a fox but he will ATTACK if needed." -Stacy

#12 Gokorahn

Gokorahn
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 61 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

:: Struggles how to answer that question... finds some specification looking text::

ACPI x64-based PC
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 900@ 2.20GHz

I do know that it is cheap $300 toshiba that I bought last January.

Your running a single core o.o

My dual core has a hard time with low settings, then again, i have 3 other cpu eating programs in the background too. >.>

I see what you mean by lag, and have you looking into Optifine? It will need to be upgraded to 1.8 though, but it normally helps
Posted Image

#13 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

I've tried to condense and simplyfy the rules that Ray originally posted. I wanted to make it easier to read and hopefully less restrictive. Please tell me what you think and feel free to voice your concerns:

:diamond: Large projects need to be approved.
:diamond: Preserve the natural look of the zones.
- - - - - >No cave diving/mining/extensive land flattening.
- - - - - >Match the theme of the area in which you are building. (No apartments in farm land, no farmlands downtown.)

:diamond: What can I NOT build?
- - - - - >Rail, Canals, Roads*
- - - - - >Mob Grinders
- - - - - >Massive item farms
- - - - - >Square unattractive houses out of one material.

:diamond: What CAN I build?
- - - - - >Anything you want within reason. (See above^)

:diamond: Veterans and Admins
- - - - - >Will take down buildings that are abandoned/making no progress.
- - - - - >Will approve or veto large projects.
- - - - - >Will NOT take down buildings without warning.
- - - - - >Will NOT move/relocate/delete buildings for you.
- - - - - >If one Vet says no, do not run around looking for a yes.

*Nek and Roach are heading this department, please see their perspective threads to help build or details.

Move this to the server wide rules: No religion/politics. Keep things neutral.
P.S I tried to make it look like bullet points, but it won't let me format on the forums.

-Edited- Added two more points

#14 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Bumping and drawing attention to the above. I keep finding colorful or sheered sheep roaming the city. If this is against the rules it should stop happening. If it is not against the rules could someone please correct me.

I would also like to suggest a rule against allowing the NPC villagers out of their homes. I have found 3 of them, (there is at least one still loose,) wandering around the surrounding area that I've trapped had to trap in dirt or cobble rings, (I intend to ferry them back to the village for safe kepping using temporary rail tracks later tonight.)

Speaking of the villagers, what do we intend to do with those guys? Keep them safe until Botch or Jeb fixes their AI? Is there any mods we could use to get them to at least stay near the village?

#15 Balkep

Balkep
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 239 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

More rules? No, please.

In case of villages it's quite easy to delete those chunks and the game will generate a new village with a batch of new testificates. It's not like someone would like to build something incredibly important and irreplaceable next to a village.

#16 infiniteduck

infiniteduck
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 429 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh?
  • Nationality:Mutt

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

I wanted to build a giant tree stump (well not that giant) and it has a few branches of leaves... that would be okay right? Ray knows what I'm talking about, I built it on creative.
Posted Image

#17 inlakesh

inlakesh
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 64 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

The colored sheep are most probably wandering in from Nek's zone. I actually enjoy having them around.

#18 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

I wanted to build a giant tree stump (well not that giant) and it has a few branches of leaves... that would be okay right? Ray knows what I'm talking about, I built it on creative.

Something like that could even go in the Nature Preserve, or at least one of the parks.

<Profound statement>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users