#1 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

I'm having a lot of trouble finding the shops and other buildings around the city.
Would it be OK if I put up a series of sign posts to help people find the shops and other landmarks around the city? Nothing too fancy, just 2 fence posts with a glowstone ontop covered in signs. Of course, if they prove to be in the way of anything people are building later on anyone who needs to could move them to make room. If the idea proves to be not very useful, ugly, or otherwise not a good idea I wouldn't mind removing them again. This is just something I wanted to try out.

Alternatively, I could just make a bulletin board somewhere that lists all the various locations and their coordinates but that doesn't sound like half as much fun.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#2 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

Bah!
Find it and memorize where it's at.

<Profound statement>

#3 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

Posted Image

I'm having a lot of trouble finding the shops and other buildings around the city.
Would it be OK if I put up a series of sign posts to help people find the shops and other landmarks around the city? Nothing too fancy, just 2 fence posts with a glowstone ontop covered in signs. Of course, if they prove to be in the way of anything people are building later on anyone who needs to could move them to make room. If the idea proves to be not very useful, ugly, or otherwise not a good idea I wouldn't mind removing them again. This is just something I wanted to try out.

Alternatively, I could just make a bulletin board somewhere that lists all the various locations and their coordinates but that doesn't sound like half as much fun.

There is a plan already in the works for this it is waiting for all the stores to be added first, have some patience.

Here's some signs for ya,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gklM1AiZX0s
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#4 roachdabug

roachdabug
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Veteran

• 280 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

Here's some signs for ya

pwned
Posted Image

#5 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

There is a plan already in the works for this it is waiting for all the stores to be added first, have some patience.

Cool cool. I didn't realize it was already planned.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users