• Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

The "official" plan for 60 City plays out like this:
Posted Image

This isn't set in stone, but any building(s) outside the space currently allotted should be run by Ray or a Vet or two.

These are the areas that are open to build
Downtown (Vets)
Cemetery
Suburbs
Rural farmland
Canal District
Dark Ages
Amusement Park
Underground Citadel
City Dock
City Park
Nature preserve

Any project near the rail system should be run past Nekcalb to make sure it won't break the system

<Profound statement>

#2 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

I don't get what you are trying to convey by crossing out some of the list. Are those areas going to be opened later or are they only open to authorized persons? Are you trying to say that non-vets can't build anywhere but the cemetery?
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#3 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

I don't get what you are trying to convey by crossing out some of the list. Are those areas going to be opened later or are they only open to authorized persons?

I'm not sure what he is trying to convey either...

Are you trying to say that non-vets can't build anywhere but the cemetery?

but I know for sure he is not saying this ^

Also we need to have a no-build area around the portal hub so we don't have skyscrapers looming over the area and blocking out the sun.

#4 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

They aren't ready just yet, that's all.

<Profound statement>

#5 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

Also we need to have a no-build area around the portal hub so we don't have skyscrapers looming over the area and blocking out the sun.

Oh wow, this is starting to sound like my property class. lol

I proposed a rule earlier, in the sixtygig rules thread that there should be some basic building rules for things inside the city such as height limits. I think it is a great idea because it allows everyone to work on the city without needing prior approval for everything but still stops people from building things that clash with the rest of the city.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#6 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

Yeah we've been putting thought into this for the better part of 6 months now I dare say.

<Profound statement>

#7 roachdabug

roachdabug
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Veteran

• 280 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

Assuming this is to prevent the spawn of monsters near the portals, I'm pretty sure the lighting works in such a way that unless you build directly over the portal hub, it won't be an issue.
Posted Image

#8 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

So we cannot build until these areas are finished or we may build in any area despite it not being finished or . . .

I have been brainstorming about my contribution to the city for a long while but am hampered by not knowing where or when we can start.

I know that it is not intended to be confusing, but it is to me anyway LOL

I have been stocking up supplies for my build and just need a little clarification so I know when and where I can actually get started.

Meanwhile...I will keep terraforming my zone! :)

Thanks!

#9 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

Officially, all areas are open now, so if an area doesn't have a road to it you actually have a little more freedom to work there and the road(s) will work around the build.
Best option would be to throw up the build idea and the vet's will help you out so you can get started.

<Profound statement>

#10 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

Officially, all areas are open now, so if an area doesn't have a road to it you actually have a little more freedom to work there and the road(s) will work around the build.
Best option would be to throw up the build idea and the vet's will help you out so you can get started.

Ok thanks Garri(No C here)k! :P

If I can get online tonight after work I will try and get things ready and pick my spot!

I am trying to recall what the dimensions of our build area are. I know we cannot build a huge structure or anything like that, I was just thinking about how I wanted to landscape the area right around my structure.

I am looking at building in the canal District or swamp area, particularly on on of the little "islands" in the water or on the shoreline. With the "witch house" store nearby (I forget what it is called exactly), I thought I might try a "swamp house" or "ruined ancient tower" or the like. Something that is half sunken in the muck or something.

If I go more in the actual canal district itself I would likely go for something with a newer and themed approach. (Thinking water filtration building or fishing shanty, beach villa, etc.)

I want to make something that enhances the atmosphere of the area and the vision of the planners and still get in a little of my own creativity LOL

So let me know what you guys had in mind for the area and I might start building tonight!

Thanks!

#11 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Building guidelines are posted here.

The canal district I would say is still off limits till we can get with roach and figure out the roads. The whole area will require a bit of back-filling yet.

My personal ideas and suggestions;
*The tower idea out in the swamp islands behind the cemetery.
*Depending on the size of the "swamp house" it might be more suited in the suburbs on the river banks, but the islands of the witch's swamp might be available. We just don't want to crowd her out, if she moves we'll have no place to sell our zombie flesh.
*Filtration station might be suited very well in the dock area, across the boulevard from the canal district.
*Fishing shanty could probably be spotted anywhere near water, Farmlands, City park (far SW), across the lake from the lumber yard or deep south shoreline. Possibly even on the river at the NPC village if you can keep the basic theme of those huts.
*Beach villa, hold off on that one, but it's not forgotten.

<Profound statement>

#12 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

Ok! Sounds like some good suggestions! Thanks Garrik!

I think I will do the Tower near the cemetary idea! It's out of the way and will add a bit to the "creepiness" factor! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users