#1 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:22 AM

Posted Image

I want to refurbish these 5 bridges. Who made them and may I change them?
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#2 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

What do you intend to do to the bridges?

Perhaps instead of choosing all 5 (technically 6) you could start by requesting 1 or 2 at a time. The road crews had a lot on their plate putting the roads in so i can understand keeping the bridges to a minimum degree of detail.

And if i may make a suggestion in the future when posting multiple topics please name them each with different titles. This one could have been called "bridge modification" or something.

Your not going to be like George Foreman and name each and everyone of your kids George are you?
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#3 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:20 AM

I made #2 last night at Ery's request (for a road she was completing) but ran out of mats after filling in the road to the west, so any prettying-up you want to do there would be most helpful.

I did the last modifications on #3, which was already more of a causeway than a bridge to begin with, but I also would support making that an actual 'bridge' and channeling the river beneath it. Note that it needs to stay below the Green Line, though, so there's not much height that can be added (one of the reasons I was asked to do the 'modification' from an earlier more elevated design by Renic.)

I didn't lay them out, but I did the 'paving' on #1, and #5 (with Ery), as well. Feel free to replace/upgrade/enhance anything I've done there (along with the N/S road by #5 as I built that section) so long as the original 'designer' doesn't lay firm claim to it staying the way it is.

I don't think I had anything to do with #4 (but I could be wrong).

Oh, and if you see me online, I'll help with any renovations you're thinking about.
Posted Image

#4 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

#5 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

Perhaps instead of choosing all 5 (technically 6) you could start by requesting 1 or 2 at a time. The road crews had a lot on their plate putting the roads in so i can understand keeping the bridges to a minimum degree of detail.

And if i may make a suggestion in the future when posting multiple topics please name them each with different titles. This one could have been called "bridge modification" or something.

Your not going to be like George Foreman and name each and everyone of your kids George are you?

I wanted to break up into 4 different topics because it was four different proposals. That said, I see your point and will make sure that the titles, (not just the sub-titles,) are distinct.

I made #2 last night at Ery's request (for a road she was completing) but ran out of mats after filling in the road to the west, so any prettying-up you want to do there would be most helpful.

I did the last modifications on #3, which was already more of a causeway than a bridge to begin with, but I also would support making that an actual 'bridge' and channeling the river beneath it. Note that it needs to stay below the Green Line, though, so there's not much height that can be added (one of the reasons I was asked to do the 'modification' from an earlier more elevated design by Renic.)

I didn't lay them out, but I did the 'paving' on #1, and #5 (with Ery), as well. Feel free to replace/upgrade/enhance anything I've done there (along with the N/S road by #5 as I built that section) so long as the original 'designer' doesn't lay firm claim to it staying the way it is.

I don't think I had anything to do with #4 (but I could be wrong).

Oh, and if you see me online, I'll help with any renovations you're thinking about.

Thanks Torcido.

@Eryng

Change them to the same style as the bridge past the green line, (near the edge of the map,) and the bridge by the NPC Village.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#6 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

My opinion is if we're going to put the effort into making nice bridges we make them a little different, or they'll be just as boring as simple bridges. For example the covered bridge out by the lumber yard, whoever did that did a fine job and it sets the tone for the area splendidly.

<Profound statement>

#7 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

My opinion is if we're going to put the effort into making nice bridges we make them a little different, or they'll be just as boring as simple bridges. For example the covered bridge out by the lumber yard, whoever did that did a fine job and it sets the tone for the area splendidly.

I agree with this^ However, if you and Tor want to add supports or do some tweaking on one of his (Tor's) bridges then that should be fine.

#8 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Thanks. That was my intent. After seeing Nek had put a rail depot/quad/change/whatever nearby, I thought it would fit better than where it originally was in the natural area (which I tried to turn into a smaller footprint underwater underpass.)

I like the idea of mixing it up as well, (possibly with a suspension one somewhere, though I haven't figured out how to make that look good, yet), but it could be as simple as keeping the same form as those other ones, but swapping in netherbrick fencing or metal bars to change the 'look'. Maybe a tower bridge at #2 or #4?
Posted Image

#9 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

The only bridge I'd suggest aesthetic for would be #4.
On the inside of the bridge on the hill I plan to build the mayor's house and a old-style town hall. While there is room for other buildings between the hill and the river, that area might be a cozier area of downtown. Maybe let it be the historical district?

<Profound statement>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users