#1 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

Posted Image

Sixtygig City has a problem with holes. When I find these in my own zone they are a source of adventure and riches. Here they are a dark pits that mobs periodically wander out of.

I am asking for universal and standing permission for anyone to block these things up in as seamless a way as possible.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#2 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

I think unless the holes are in the way of a building project that they be left open and dark, they only add character to the City. Few monsters aren't going to frighten me out of the city.
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#3 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

I think they could be a nice 'tourist attraction'. SixtyCity's own Gigsbad Caverns or something.

If anything, I'd support cleaning up the entries and making them more 'cave'-like (i.e., horizontal) by tying the one on the top right back into the others to the bottom (did that yesterday on a road that covered over a pit in the SW just across the river from the city. Made a simple entrance off to the side and added some torches by the door.
Posted Image

#4 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:28 AM

Few monsters aren't going to frighten me out of the city.

Unless you see someone working on a road near your Courthouse hill, and then all of a sudden you're scared of getting bombed by a little ninja creeper. Just drop work orders and run away. I see how it is.
Posted Image

#5 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

Nah, the holes and caves should be left as is until someone is building there, and then those holes are their prerogative.

<Profound statement>

#6 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

Understood. Holes should be left alone unless a building is put on top of one.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#7 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

Unless you see someone working on a road near your Courthouse hill, and then all of a sudden you're scared of getting bombed by a little ninja creeper. Just drop work orders and run away. I see how it is.

Well i was level 29 with no armour or weapons, so i wasn't sticking around to build a road.
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users