6 replies to this topic

#1 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:27 AM

This river runs dry in a few places. I want to widen it although never more than to 8 blocks across. So as not to have a sudden drop off I will need to re-landscaping the river banks as well.

If you take a look at the blank map of sixtygig, you'll notice that the river has already been expanded and deepened in its southern end. I'm just proposing continuing the same effort farther up stream.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#2 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

Though not a Vet with a vote, I support this, though I don't think there'd need to necessarily be much grading on the banks across the board since rivers have cliff banks in some areas.

I think it would be nice if it allows the the Canal District to later be tied in to the rest of the city in a more meaninful meaningful way, so that you can take a boat from the canals and make a full downtown/amusement park/newbie spawner tour.
Posted Image

#3 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

I've already taken care of most of the dry spaces, only 1 large one left actually where I was planting a spring to feed the river (over by Nek's zone)
I postponed widening only because we'd discussed creating canals along the narrow/steep areas.

<Profound statement>

#4 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

@Torcido

That is exactly what I was thinking. I really want the river to be something a little more impressive with board walks and things in places or even a water wheel. I also feel like this sort of heavy landscaping needs to happen as early as possible before other buildings get in the way.

@GarrikP

It sounds like we are on the same page.

Should I go ahead and start widening it out? If your unsure, I can place signs along the bank that more specifically describe what I have planned so that you can review before signing off on this.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#5 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I would hold off for a couple days while we get some river-side project ideas going and see what we need to do.

As far as having a mill w/ water wheel and everything, perhaps Downtown isn't the best place for this, maybe the river over by the farms & lumber yard.

<Profound statement>

#6 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

I've already taken care of most of the dry spaces, only 1 large one left actually where I was planting a spring to feed the river (over by Nek's zone)
I postponed widening only because we'd discussed creating canals along the narrow/steep areas.

I was already planning to connect the river with the swamp, just haven't gotten to it yet.
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#7 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Right. Aside from making man-made canal sides wherever those are deemed necessary (I'm thinking along the bottom of Justice Hill™ and the stretch near the newbie spawner), it's been done.

The "top" of the river though, in between Nek's border & the rail track to Nek's needs a little work. I began making a spring out of a natural cave (that goes into Nek's zone BTW) where it would meet a jut in the opposite side of the river, splitting the river into 2. 1 way to go through town, and another to go straight to the swamp.

<Profound statement>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users