#1 mctheta

mctheta
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 204 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

Proposed site: McTheta Mini-Suites
Description: the proposed site is on the far west-side of downtown Sixty and is one property east of a proposed project site by Garrik/Rayvo. McTheta Mini-Suites hopes to service the west-side travelers a free place to sleep, store, and smelt over 300 blocks from the comforts of the inner city Chest Building. The current plans are for a 2-story structure with a 1st floor lobby and registration area with the 2nd floor housing 4 mini-suites. We hope to build additional floors with 4 suites each as mats become available. The proposed structure's exterior will consist of clay brick, stone brick, smooth stone slab, wood plank, cobble, and large glass windows. Each suite will consist of a bed, one large chest, one furnace, one crafting table, and an enchantment table.

Proposed Blueprint (top view):

Posted Image

I'm not sure what the proposed project is adjacent to where I want to build or if this clashes, but I figured if I put together a strong proposal, it would be hard to turn down. I will gladly take donations of either gold or any of the mats listed above and all proceeds would go to expansion of the suites (i would spend the gold on mats for the suites). I just figured it would be cool to have a temporary place if you are building/exploring on the west end of downtown.

your consideration of this request is appreciated! :)

#2 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

I think this is a great proposal, as you stated who knows what Garrik & Ray have in mind for the plot across the street. Keep in mind that 1 additional block east of that location latyper constructed his inn, you might get some competition depending on his rates :P
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#3 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

The proposal for the community project next door is a downtown tower (materials and height are yet to be determined) and this shouldn't affect it at all.

You've got my stamp of approval. :diamond_pickaxe_16px:

<Profound statement>

#4 mctheta

mctheta
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 204 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

I think this is a great proposal, as you stated who knows what Garrik & Ray have in mind for the plot across the street. Keep in mind that 1 additional block east of that location latyper constructed his inn, you might get some competition depending on his rates :P

Oooo, is that an inn... Crap. I figured it was a store. Hmm. well, location isn't so much a biggie to me, just more-so the concept of a free build/store/craft spot that is in town but far enough away from the inner city to make it worth using. plus it would serve to add to the 'skyline' at a minimum.

#5 mctheta

mctheta
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 204 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

The proposal for the community project next door is a downtown tower (materials and height are yet to be determined) and this shouldn't affect it at all.

You've got my stamp of approval. :diamond_pickaxe_16px:

Awesome, thanks Garrik!

Now you'll have a place to crash after those long nights building. :P

#6 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

Awesome, thanks Garrik!

Now you'll have a place to crash after those long nights building. :P

I really keep out of city planning, so there's no real point in worrying about my approval. I just make sure people are following the rules while they're building there. But I leave the big-picture stuff to the vets.

If everyone else is OK with it, I am too. ;)

sig.png

#7 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

How am I supposed to compete with free rooms?

@ Mctheta,
you are going to ruin me!
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#8 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

Awesome, thanks Garrik!Now you'll have a place to crash after those long nights building. :P

That assumes we sleep

<Profound statement>

#9 mctheta

mctheta
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 204 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:20 AM

How am I supposed to compete with free rooms?

@ Mctheta,
you are going to ruin me!

Yea, i assumed that was a Sixty store, i should've looked first before going gung-ho on planning. that's my fault.

Part of the idea is that i'm not providing lavish living quarters. like i said, i will gladly accept donations purely for the expansion of the site, not my own personal gain. i'm going very minimal with the decorations as well.

I could just as well build this in my zone and come up with something else for the City. it took me a while to come up with the idea, though.. i wanted to get started on something in response to the Vets urging us to build. I think i will just go with it and we'll see what happens. if nobody uses it, the main idea is to get the city built for looks, function is secondary.

#10 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about two inns being close. Laty's has a very cozy home feel to it while yours has a fancier appeal

<Profound statement>

#11 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:41 AM

Yea, i assumed that was a Sixty store, i should've looked first before going gung-ho on planning. that's my fault.

Part of the idea is that i'm not providing lavish living quarters. like i said, i will gladly accept donations purely for the expansion of the site, not my own personal gain. i'm going very minimal with the decorations as well.

I could just as well build this in my zone and come up with something else for the City. it took me a while to come up with the idea, though.. i wanted to get started on something in response to the Vets urging us to build. I think i will just go with it and we'll see what happens. if nobody uses it, the main idea is to get the city built for looks, function is secondary.

No no, I was just joking. I would love for my inn to have more company in the area.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#12 mctheta

mctheta
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 204 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

No no, I was just joking. I would love for my inn to have more company in the area.

Cool, i feel better then. i didn't want you to think that i was trying to steal your business.

at the heart of capitalism lies healthy competition!

XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users