10 replies to this topic

#1 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

This is a minor building project that I wanted to conduct for the best possible grave for your character in the currently empty 60 gig cemetery.

Rules:
1) To become a participant place a gold block near the end of the road leading to the cemetery under the rails. Place a sign with your name on it, on the gold block.
2) Participants cannot start building before 2012, (UTC).
3) All graves must be finished by the 3rd of January.
4) Mausoleums, tombs, and the like are also all good.
5) Voting will be started sometime before the 6th of January and last 3 days.
6) Winner takes all.
7) Obviously, after all voting is completed, you can always go back to finish, demolish, or change your grave site.
When you cut me, I bleed out redstone in the shape of an NS-NOR latch.

#2 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

You do realize the cemetery is intended as a place for dead members. Can we assume your planning an early demise?

I for one will not be digging my own grave.
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#3 mctheta

mctheta
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 204 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

There is no way that I am participating in digging my own grave, literally, figuratively, or virtually.

#4 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

I dunno, I'm not applying yet, but an open grave could be pretty interesting addition to the creepy side of the cemetery. No one will be here forever.

<Profound statement>

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

The graveyard is only for "dead" (inactive and banned) members and will be solely managed by me. ;)

Throwing more people into the mix will just make it confusing and hard to keep track of.. and if people jump the gun and make their own graves I'll end up going behind them and making duplicates by accident when they finally/if they leave.

The graves also have a bunch of set rules that determine their location, size and design, so having players make up whatever they want will without a doubt cause more problems.

sig.png

#6 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

Since I'll probably end up having an 'accident' involving Nek, some cement armor, and a fall from the nearby Yellow Line into the underlying swamps, there probably won't be anything of my remains found for burial in the Cemetery anyway.

Perhaps a memorial shrub?
Posted Image

#7 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

Anything that'd fit the theme of the area.

Ideas in the box:
Grave, mausoleum, crypt, funeral home, church, memorial garden

Out of the box:
Dead tree, crematorium, necromancers house

<Profound statement>

#8 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

The graveyard is only for "dead" (inactive and banned) members and will be solely managed by me. ;)

Throwing more people into the mix will just make it confusing and hard to keep track of.. and if people jump the gun and make their own graves I'll end up going behind them and making duplicates by accident when they finally/if they leave.

The graves also have a bunch of set rules that determine their location, size and design, so having players make up whatever they want will without a doubt cause more problems.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that the graveyard was a not a free build area. Was how the graveyard was going to be used just discussed between the vets or was there a thread somewhere that covered it?

#9 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

I'm sorry I didn't realize that the graveyard was a not a free build area. Was how the graveyard was going to be used just discussed between the vets or was there a thread somewhere that covered it?

Its ok laty, I don't think its written down anywhere. It was mostly discussed in the chat in game. I'll compile a list of projects.

#10 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

Its ok laty, I don't think its written down anywhere. It was mostly discussed in the chat in game. I'll compile a list of projects.

Indeed, it was never written anywhere. It was just openly discussed. So it's understandable to not be in the loop.

But basically, it'll be ran my me (As Rayvo, not as SixtyGig) and house all the players who left the server, the size/location of their tomb will be based on their value on the server. No-name people who are not remembered will get basic tombs, more important people may get small 1-crypt buildings, and banned people will have a room in the underground catacombs. It'll be setup as close to real life as possible, with random graves scattered around and gravel paths everywhere.

sig.png

#11 latyper

latyper
  • PipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Workbench

• 309 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

np
:)

Maybe I'll build something for Ray's skyscraper idea instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users