• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 0Beechlgz

0Beechlgz
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 74 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

Yeah, I figured I might as well make an introduction seeing as I was a bit vague and didn't say much in my application form and if I'm going to be sticking around I should probably not be rude and say hello to the community. But I'm not really all that sure what to say besides hello.

I'm not very good at introducing myself in case you can't tell.

Um, let's see. I've liked Minecraft since about June or July, I think? Or was it August? It was some time of year when it was still broad daylight at 9:30 PM. I can remember because I was at my friend's house to play on his save until that time and I thought "whoa, it's pretty late" because I hadn't expected it to be so late on. It was my good friend who introduced me to the game. I don't have a lot of close friends, though. Most of my 'friends' are acquaintances. My social life isn't very interesting or colourful.

Actually my life in general isn't very interesting. I'm still waiting to get on a work experience placement. I'm 23 and I've never had a job. I have been applying, at times very intensively, but nobody seems to want to know. That's why I signed up for this work placement programme. First they have you doing team building and confidence boosting activities and I must say it really did boost my at-the-time deflated confidence. Then they find you a work placement and if you do well there's a chance of a full-time paid position at the end of it. I'm hopeful about it, but very impatient to get that call back about it!

All I'm doing besides that is just trying to keep busy. I try to get out and exercise and see people as much as I can so I don't go crazy. At times when I feel lazy I go on Minecraft but I try not to. The computer screen gives me headaches.

I'm sad right now because my poinsettia cutting is dying. I think the gnat larvae are eating the fresh new roots. I don't really know what to do about it except dump some fossil shell powder on it and hope that kills them. I hug it sometimes, but I'm trying not to get too attached so I don't talk to it.

There's a horrible smell comes in the windows and I can't get to the bottom of it. It's like rotting vegetables, but extremely sweet and sickly and slightly burnt. I'm afraid it may be something toxic because it causes me to become very fuzzy-headed and sometimes even a bit stupid. I live on the 3rd floor so I have neighbours upstairs, downstairs and to either side of me. When I go outside I can't smell it. I can also only smell it on the North-facing side (where, oddly, the wind tends not to blow in). I've ruled out everything inside the house and it's only when the windows are opened. But unless I can personally find the source, the council say they can't do a thing.

Sorry. It started off as an awkward introduction and degenerated into an awkward what's-on-my-mind dump.

#2 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, I figured I might as well make an introduction seeing as I was a bit vague and didn't say much in my application form and if I'm going to be sticking around I should probably not be rude and say hello to the community. But I'm not really all that sure what to say besides hello.

(Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself!)

I'm not very good at introducing myself in case you can't tell.

(I am so very excited to be a part of Sixty-Gig!)

Um, let's see. I've liked Minecraft since about June or July, I think? Or was it August? It was some time of year when it was still broad daylight at 9:30 PM. I can remember because I was at my friend's house to play on his save until that time and I thought "whoa, it's pretty late" because I hadn't expected it to be so late on. It was my good friend who introduced me to the game. I don't have a lot of close friends, though. Most of my 'friends' are acquaintances. My social life isn't very interesting or colourful.

(I have been playing Minecraft since last summer. A good friend introduces me to the game and I have been hooked ever since!)

Actually my life in general isn't very interesting. I'm still waiting to get on a work experience placement. I'm 23 and I've never had a job. I have been applying, at times very intensively, but nobody seems to want to know. That's why I signed up for this work placement programme. First they have you doing team building and confidence boosting activities and I must say it really did boost my at-the-time deflated confidence. Then they find you a work placement and if you do well there's a chance of a full-time paid position at the end of it. I'm hopeful about it, but very impatient to get that call back about it!

(I am 23 years old and am enrolled in a work experience placement program where I am learning team building and confidence building activities. At the end of the program they offer job placement help and a real chance at a full-time paid position! YAAAAY!)

All I'm doing besides that is just trying to keep busy. I try to get out and exercise and see people as much as I can so I don't go crazy. At times when I feel lazy I go on Minecraft but I try not to. The computer screen gives me headaches.

(I tend to get headaches when I spend too much time in front of the computer so when I am not working hard in the program, I like to socialize with others and exercise. )

I'm sad right now because my poinsettia cutting is dying. I think the gnat larvae are eating the fresh new roots. I don't really know what to do about it except dump some fossil shell powder on it and hope that kills them. I hug it sometimes, but I'm trying not to get too attached so I don't talk to it.

(I also try and exercise my "green thumb" by doing a bit of gardening. In fact, one of Poinsetta cuttings has been struggling to survive and so it has been receiving a bit more TLC lately)

There's a horrible smell comes in the windows and I can't get to the bottom of it. It's like rotting vegetables, but extremely sweet and sickly and slightly burnt. I'm afraid it may be something toxic because it causes me to become very fuzzy-headed and sometimes even a bit stupid. I live on the 3rd floor so I have neighbours upstairs, downstairs and to either side of me. When I go outside I can't smell it. I can also only smell it on the North-facing side (where, oddly, the wind tends not to blow in). I've ruled out everything inside the house and it's only when the windows are opened. But unless I can personally find the source, the council say they can't do a thing.

(I live on the 3rd floor of a building surrounded by others. Other than the occasional odd smell around my Northen windows, it is a comfortable place to live.)

Sorry. It started off as an awkward introduction and degenerated into an awkward what's-on-my-mind dump.

(Well, before I digress into some diatribe describing the smells in infinite detail or something, I will just sum up and say I am glad to be here, I hope to get aquainted with you all soon! Cheers!)

*This introduction has been edited by one of the looney 60-gig locals. Please note that none of our editors intend any offense whatsoever to anyone at any time, except when we are talking about RAY, ERY, NEK or AX . . (We would also pick on Balkep, but he is that new scary blue color now and is known to be hostile to gerbils!)*

Welcome OBeechigz! We are glad to have fresh meat . . . er . new blood . . um . . a new friend on the server!

Let me know if you need help with anything and I will make sure Torcido gets it done for you! LOL

#3 MattyQ

MattyQ
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Welcome to the server, 0Beechlgz! It looks like you're hard at work in the new limbo--I look forward to seeing what you all do! =)

#4 itsdann

itsdann
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 191 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Welcome to the server, 0Beechlgz! Sorry to hear about your one of your poinsettia cuttings.

#5 synbios128

synbios128
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

From what you are describing it sounds like mold. Is it black? That can be very dangerous if not dealt with.

#6 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

This thread is about 4 months shy of being a year old. I hope he's dealt with it by now. Haha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users