57 replies to this topic

#1 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

PLEASE NOTE: Some of the questions and posts on here are old and no longer relevant. I have updated this first post, but some of the posts on the first and second pages will no longer make sense. As always, please don't hesitate to ask questions <3

I figured I should make a list of frequently asked questions. I will assume that you have already read this: http://sixtygig.com/...on-review-faqs/ and  http://sixtygig.com/..._etiquette.html  Members who are applying or are thinking of submitting an application can ask here.

Q: What plug-ins does the server run?
A: (Let me get back to you on this one)

Q:It says that my account is grey/waiting to be validated...
A: No need to wait, you can still put up an application as a "grey/validating".

Q: When can I apply?
A: You can apply whenever you want but please note that we only whitelist new players once a month around the beginning of the month. (We no longer "vouch" for players, so anything to do with voting or vouching, please ignore)

Q:Can I bump my application?
A: Yes, of course. Just don't go nuts bumping it every 5 minutes.

Q:How can I increase my chances of being accepted?

A: We like people that are friendly and mature so staying on the server and chatting with other members shows that you are patient and can get along with everyone. Therefore, applying two days before we let people in will not help you. Just be yourself and let your personality shine through. We'd also love to know more about you so the more detailed the application the better. Pictures of your past builds are not necessary, but are definitely a plus.

Q: How many people play on this server?/How many people are usually online?
A: We have about 60 something members. On busy days we probably have about 7 - 9 people on at once. On the quieter days we might have 3-4.

Q: Can I send you a PM?/Why can't I send PMs?
A: Validating members can't send and receive PMs. If you have a question, please feel free to leave it here and one of our members will get back to you ASAP.

Q:How many new members do you accept each month?
A: Historically it has been between 3 - 5.

Q: Do you place any limitations on new players or restrict certain blocks?

A: Not at all. If you make it into SixtyGig, you have access to all the blocks this game can offer including, fire, lava, obsidian and TNT. We also don't have "build rights" or "locks" for chests and doors. We use the honour system, and our players often feel safe enough to store their diamonds and gold out in the open.

~Any other questions please feel free to ask them here and I will add them to the list.~

#2 chrystianf

chrystianf
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 21 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I figured I should make a list of frequently asked question. Member who are applying or are waiting to submit an application can ask here.

Q: What plug-ins does the server run?
A: (Placeholder)

A: I open the application section on the first of the month.

Q: What happens if I don't get any/enough votes? Can I re-apply?
A: Technically, the answer is that you are "out" HOWEVER we will look at each case on an individual basis.

Q:

Q:

I logged on today and noticed my thread is locked. I don't have a PM from Ray, so I'm assuming that means I was declined. I was a single vouch away, so I guess I am officially asking for permission to reapply next month, since permission is given on a case-by-case basis. Thanks in advance either way! :D

#3 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive

• 629 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

I logged on today and noticed my thread is locked. I don't have a PM from Ray, so I'm assuming that means I was declined. I was a single vouch away, so I guess I am officially asking for permission to reapply next month, since permission is given on a case-by-case basis. Thanks in advance either way! :D

Definetly, you are more than welcome to apply next month. Unfortunetly we only had 2 slots this month.

#4 chrystianf

chrystianf
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Definetly, you are more than welcome to apply next month. Unfortunetly we only had 2 slots this month.

Awesome! And thanks. I can imagine that with only two slots the competition was pretty hairy. :-)

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Awesome! And thanks. I can imagine that with only two slots the competition was pretty hairy. :-)

Yes, sadly, there's a lot of people who want to join and very few slots open. ;)

Thats sort of the downside to being "us". We have a lot of traffic, a lot of potential members, and no where to put them. Our hardware can handle plenty of players (100+ at once) but our infrastructure is only designed to hold 60 players total maximum with the exception of a few players who voluntarily double-up in a zone..

We are considering opening a new Creative map though sometime after we update for 1.2, if we do that may add space for 20-30 more players eventually.

sig.png

#6 znonzsketch

znonzsketch
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

hi im 22 and lookin to get on a server with ppl older than 13:/

#7 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

Annnnnnnd?

Perhaps take the time to fill out an application here and we will consider you during our next recruitment period.
Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#8 Rizzous

Rizzous
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Also reading thru the website would be advisable before applying as well.

#9 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky
  • Nationality:Appalachian American

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hello all. I just registered for the forums here. When/if my account gets approved on here I plan on applying. Though, just out of curiosity, do I have a chance? Hopefully there are enough open slots for me to be able to play on here, because just reading through the site here got me very excited. I'm so very looking forward to a server that isn't full of 12 year old children screaming like howler monkeys. The sad thing is that for a server to not be bogged down by crap like that, you have to have a strict process in place for accepting new members, I completely understand, and I hope I get to play with you guys. This place seems awesome.

#10 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive

• 629 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hello all. I just registered for the forums here. When/if my account gets approved on here I plan on applying. Though, just out of curiosity, do I have a chance? Hopefully there are enough open slots for me to be able to play on here, because just reading through the site here got me very excited. I'm so very looking forward to a server that isn't full of 12 year old children screaming like howler monkeys. The sad thing is that for a server to not be bogged down by crap like that, you have to have a strict process in place for accepting new members, I completely understand, and I hope I get to play with you guys. This place seems awesome.

Hello, no need to wait for your account to get approved, you can apply right away here: http://www.sixtygig....7-applications/

So far we've only excepted one member for the month of July and I plan on leaving the polls open for as long as it takes for us to fill up. Good Luck!

#11 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hello, no need to wait for your account to get approved, you can apply right away here: http://www.sixtygig....7-applications/

So far we've only excepted one member for the month of July and I plan on leaving the polls open for as long as it takes for us to fill up. Good Luck!

Thank you Eryng. :) I have my application up. About to take some new screenshots as I seem to have lost my old ones.

#12 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hey, so I noticed voting is over, sad to see I didn't make it. Though I was under the impression that there were a lot of slots open this time around?
I guess I was confused on that.
Just curious however, does voting end when the slots are filled, of is there a set cut off date?

Either way, I'd just like to say thanks to the two of you who voted for me. Hopefully I can count on your vote again next time around?

Also, one last thing. When can I apply again?
I don't mean to ask too many questions, just don't want to break any rules.

#13 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive

• 629 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hey, so I noticed voting is over, sad to see I didn't make it. Though I was under the impression that there were a lot of slots open this time around?
I guess I was confused on that.

Six is a lot for us ;). Lots of people had polls that hovered around 2-3 vouches each, and today I noticed many of them had increased to 4. When I responded to your post earlier, only one person had made it in, so technically there were lots of slots open.

Just curious however, does voting end when the slots are filled, of is there a set cut off date?

No set cut off date, it closes based on how fast the votes add up(which is often very fast). The number of slots open depends how many people leave.

Either way, I'd just like to say thanks to the two of you who voted for me. Hopefully I can count on your vote again next time around?

Also, one last thing. When can I apply again?
I don't mean to ask too many questions, just don't want to break any rules.

You're welcome to apply again next month. In my personal opinion, you can increase your chances by applying a few days before the 1st of August. That way, people will have time to read your app and hopefully you'll get all your votes in right when voting starts. Good Luck, hope to see you again next month.

#14 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for the reply Eryng!

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, or that I was whining when I said something about the amount of open slots. I was just curious.
I understand now :)

Honestly I wasn't betting on being accepted in this month. This server is a little too private, a little too awesome, to just accept people right off the bat. That just makes me look forward to when I can play with you guys even more. So, yes, I will be back next month.

To be clear I shouldn't apply now, I should wait until the end of the month, slightly before the first, correct?

#15 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive

• 629 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for the reply Eryng!

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, or that I was whining when I said something about the amount of open slots. I was just curious.
I understand now :)

Honestly I wasn't betting on being accepted in this month. This server is a little too private, a little too awesome, to just accept people right off the bat. That just makes me look forward to when I can play with you guys even more. So, yes, I will be back next month.

To be clear I shouldn't apply now, I should wait until the end of the month, slightly before the first, correct?

No worries, I know you weren't complaining :). You can apply whenever you want but it would be better to apply before, rather than after, the first. You could re-apply right now if you wanted but people who apply really early (at least based on what i've noticed) tend to forget their app and don't come back.

#16 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I see. Well... I'm thinking it would seem impatient of me, or a little rude possibly to reapply now. So I'll shoot for later in the month, which will also give me time to work on some nicer things for my screenshots in the next application. Possibly improve my chances.
Also, just want to say, if any of the veterans here are unsure on me being a good addition to this site. Please feel free to talk to me in some way or another so you can get a feel for what kind of player I would make.

I'll stop spamming the site for a few days now. I feel like I'm over posting, since I'm still an unaccepted member :P

#17 smedly_norbert

smedly_norbert
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Welp. I made my application before realizing that voting for July is closed. Whoops. I guess just bump my topic towards the end of the month so I'm ready for August, if I'm allowed to reapply?

#18 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive

• 629 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

Welp. I made my application before realizing that voting for July is closed. Whoops. I guess just bump my topic towards the end of the month so I'm ready for August, if I'm allowed to reapply?

Hello smedly, you're more than welcome to bump your application every now and again. No need to make a new application, the one you have now counts towards August, just remember to come back towards the end to show that you are still interested. Or if you'd like, you can stay and chat in the All Access Forum, everyone here is really friendly and will be happy to answer any questions.

#19 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive

• 629 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Updated

#20 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm confused. Does this:
A: Applications are now open year-round, however we may have to close it temporarily if we receive too many new members.

Contradict this:
Q:How many slots are avaliable each month?
A: The number of open slots depends on how many members leave the month prior.

Q:Doh! I just missed the voting period, what now?
A: I'm afraid you'll have to wait to the start of next month. You can apply right away if you'd like, or you can wait till it gets closer to the first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users