Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm confused. Does this:
Q: When can I apply?
A: Applications are now open year-round, however we may have to close it temporarily if we receive too many new members.

Contradict this:
Q:How many slots are avaliable each month?
A: The number of open slots depends on how many members leave the month prior.

Q:Doh! I just missed the voting period, what now?
A: I'm afraid you'll have to wait to the start of next month. You can apply right away if you'd like, or you can wait till it gets closer to the first.

Fixed. That first question is pretty old so I updated the answer. Hopefully it is a bit clearer now.

#22 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky
  • Nationality:Appalachian American

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hey Eryng.

I'm about to put my application in again, hopefully this isn't too early, and it actually helps me get more votes.
I took a bunch more screenshots of my current build, is it ok to post a heap of them? like 10 or so? I wanted to do inside and outside of the buildings, I put a bunch of work into the insides to make them seem realistic.

#23 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

If you post a ton it wouldn't hurt to either post a link, or put the images behind a cut, just so the thread doesn't take 10 years to load.

Posting the app now or later truly doesn't matter, it won't be made into a poll until the beginning of the month as it is so in any matter, if you want to post it now go for it.

<Profound statement>

#24 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

If you post a ton it wouldn't hurt to either post a link, or put the images behind a cut, just so the thread doesn't take 10 years to load.

Posting the app now or later truly doesn't matter, it won't be made into a poll until the beginning of the month as it is so in any matter, if you want to post it now go for it.

Thanks for the info Garrik :)

#25 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Quick question for whenever I get to limbo.

I know not to build encroaching or out of place structures, and I know to do very minimal if any alteration to the landscape. I'll probably ask a good deal of questions due to my rampant curiosity and desire to not break any rules or offend anyone.

The first of those questions is: Would it be OK for me to build a full size 2 (or 3, but I feel like that's asking too much) layer basement beneath my house to put my farm inside of? I like to try and tuck away any things that aren't visually appealing, and it takes a lot of work to make a large farm look nice.

Just out of curiosity, (this would come up after I had been a member for a while) but would it be possible for me to make a public park, or even farm for free use? I would decorate it and make it look nice, and everyone would be free to use it.

These are just idle musing while I wait and anticipate getting onto SixtyGig.

#26 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Public utilities are welcomed and encouraged (there might already be some). I even just fairly recently finished McGig, a store that sells raw meats, wheat & coal, and a player-stocked restaurant where you can get cooked meats out front.

Sub basements are also "okay". The thing with large (and vertical counts, above or below ground) is that we don't want any one building to look extremely out of place. We want each building to feel like it belongs in Limbo City. So if you're thinking to make some large automations, you might want to wait for your own map.
Besides, previous Limbonians might have already made the same thing and you'd be welcome to use those instead. Always make sure to replant or breed the things that you take.

<Profound statement>

#27 Bamfigms

Bamfigms
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 189 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

Public utilities are welcomed and encouraged (there might already be some). I even just fairly recently finished McGig, a store that sells raw meats, wheat & coal, and a player-stocked restaurant where you can get cooked meats out front.

Sub basements are also "okay". The thing with large (and vertical counts, above or below ground) is that we don't want any one building to look extremely out of place. We want each building to feel like it belongs in Limbo City. So if you're thinking to make some large automations, you might want to wait for your own map.
Besides, previous Limbonians might have already made the same thing and you'd be welcome to use those instead. Always make sure to replant or breed the things that you take.

I understand. That's about the way I was going to go about it. :)
I hate automation for the most part.

#28 Guest_Greensapling_*

Guest_Greensapling_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Q: What happens if I don't get any/enough votes? Can I re-apply?
A: Technically, the answer is that you are "out" HOWEVER we will look at each case on an individual basis.

I was wondering if I could get some clarification on what "out" is referencing. Are you meaning that the individual cannot re-apply unless told otherwise by a staff member?

#29 0Beechlgz

0Beechlgz
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 74 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Q: What happens if I don't get any/enough votes? Can I re-apply?
A: Technically, the answer is that you are "out" HOWEVER we will look at each case on an individual basis.

I was wondering if I could get some clarification on what "out" is referencing. Are you meaning that the individual cannot re-apply unless told otherwise by a staff member?

I'm not 100% sure so confirmation from a vet would be great but I don't think antything is stopping you from re-applying. Rosleen for example didn't get in until I think her third application, I think because there were too many applicants and not enough votes, but she did get in eventually because she proved herself to be patient and friendly. It probably depends on the reason you're rejected. If it's because you have a bad MCbans record or evidence that you're a griefer or you prove yourself to be abrasive, unkind or something like that then that's probably when your applications will be no longer considered.

Though applications are closed at the moment, they may reopen some time in the future. I'm honestly thinking of leaving for now just to make some space though, because I often accidentally update or lose my old minecraft.jars so I can't get on.

#30 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Except in extreme cases (i.e. players found to be banned from multiple previous servers) it just means that you're "out" for that application period, and that you can apply again in any future periods.

<Profound statement>

#31 chrystianf

chrystianf
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Whoa! It's been over a year since I applied. This thread exploded. :D

Of course, it's to be expected I guess. It's funny though, even with everywhere I've checked out looking for an SMP home, I keep coming back to sixtygig just to see what's new. Just something about the atmosphere. I haven't posted much or reapplied because my playing has been intermitent. Not a real great reason, I know. And I'm just kind of rambling, I just wanted to point out that it's nifty to see so much growth!

#32 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Yep! We've got some pretty rockin growth going on and still have a great, tight-knit community feel to our server. We've had a lot of people come and go over the past year but I think we're still doing pretty well!

#33 Aerotight

Aerotight
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hi there! I'm 28 years old and looking for a vanilla server with adults that aren't obnoxious, but let a swear word slip every now and again.

I was just wondering how vanilla your server is? For instance,

What is the difficulty level?

Are there builder's rights?

Do creepers blow up blocks?

Do you use teleport, /home, or /spawn?

I just started minecraft two weeks ago on the PC, and I'm in a server now that is really laggy and someone makes it day all the time (which is fine if you like that).

Thank you for reading.

#34 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

I was just wondering how vanilla your server is? For instance,

It is mostly vanilla, we are a bukkit server but the only difference is we use the stargate portals plugin, mob griefing is off, we have a secondary map called the wilds that is a resource map that gets reset monthly. Also we reset the Nether each month.

What is the difficulty level?

Normal

What is a builder right?

Do creepers blow up blocks?

Only if they are loose upon the ground (entities)

Do you use teleport, /home, or /spawn?

No, no, and no

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#35 Aerotight

Aerotight
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Thank you for answering!

What is a builder right?

-Oh, I'm inexperienced and figured it was a normal thing on servers, guess it is only specific to that one.

#36 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Thank you for answering!

What is a builder right?

-Oh, I'm inexperienced and figured it was a normal thing on servers, guess it is only specific to that one.

We don't have restrictions on who can build and what materials are available. Since we are on the honour system everything is fair game including TNT, fire, water and obsidian.

#37 Mister_Ross

Mister_Ross
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Ooh, you have chest shop, excellent! I take it you also have lockette or chest-lock? That's fairly standard but I figured I'd just double-check.

#38 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

No, we don't have chest locks at all. We don't have any locking plugins, as far as I'm aware. In the past however long I've been on the server (a year and a half?), I've never had anything stolen from me and I think we've only had one thief and that was before my time. They were caught quickly and things were restored by Ray. We don't worry about locking our things up at all. We simply don't have a griefing/thief problem.

#39 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Maturity and MC go together like bread and butter.

Its a shame some kids have to ruin others experience with this game. Most apps to 60Gig mention that they are fed up with griefing. If only we could franchise 60gig. Spread the maturity. There seems to be a need.

#40 Mister_Ross

Mister_Ross
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 59 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Fair enough, I suppose with a whitelist server it's less of a problem than with open servers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users