GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

I was thinking of being more selective to save you all the hassle of dealing with me, but as busy as I am with other things server-side I'm gonna go about this the easy way.

I wouldn't mind playing in a solo zone, but I enjoy working with other people, and watching other people work with my own builds. I enjoy watching others mull about *using* the city that is built around us. That said I'm looking for some folks to help me build a kick-ass zone.

The first and most important drawback, you'd have to work with me.
No really, all kidding aside, you've all seen my works, I'm a perfectionist. Every little detail has to be perfect in what I build. I can still work with others though and do enjoy seeing other people's creativity styles. What I propose to make this work is just a lot of communication via a forum thread and/or Vent usage.

What I envision at this early date, is a small web of interconnecting cities, each city with it's own timeline/theme (for example; modern/artsy, renaissance/medieval, magic/fantasy, etc...). I'd prefer these cities to be working cities, so that most if not all of the buildings would have an active purpose for their city, things like butcher shops and kitchens for food production/storage.
These cities could be connected by mob-safe highways and/or railways.
The works should look natural. Mineshafts have beams/supports, caves and tunnels rounded and curved, buildings be architecturally sound, buildings that have 100x100 bases actually warrant that space (like building a labrynth or pyramid).

I also have no problem with dividing up responsibilities, like having 4 builders/crafters, 2 adventurer/gatherers. I'm also thinking no more than 5-7 players total. I'm not sure the space really warrants 10 active players, but if 10 people want, and can deal with me and this type of group, we can work together to make it work.

That all being said, if you think you can put up with me as an evil overlord, and my retentiveness for appeal and function, feel free to reply and the details can be worked out once the group is formed.

<Profound statement>

#2 BrelanAllin

BrelanAllin
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

Multiple little cities with purposeful buildings is a nice idea.

Sadly I'm too much of a crap builder for a perfectionist.

You'd run out of hair inside a week.

#3 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

:P good thing I'm bald.

<Profound statement>

#4 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Doing so many things right now, & getting back to work this week so my time spent on minecraft things is getting cut a fair bit. Within a couple days I'll cut this and make it official to fly solo unless people are still debating.

However, if you're debating, LET ME KNOW!

<Profound statement>

#5 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

--Closed--

<Profound statement>